Like Tree5Likes

Rejected China Visa Application

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Rejected China Visa Application

Ive had three 12 month multiple entry visa's for China over the last three years. Today they rejected my 4th application because there are apparently not enough blank pages in my passport. They said I need 4 blank pages, and I only have 3.

Do they just make up the rules as they go along? Or is it actually documented somewhere that you need 4 blank pages in a passport to get a China visa? The sticker only takes up 1 page, what on earth are the other 3 for?

That's a bummer. Also, you can use a visa in an old passport with a new passport - so I don't know where they get the idea of needing 4 blank pages. Did they reject you at the Visa Office?

even if it is a regulation, what practical reason would this serve? it takes me ages to fill up 3 pages in my passport

Well, I used up 4 pages of with stamps (not including the visa). Looks like they use one page for four visits and returns. It's good to know as my passport looks like on it's last pages and may not get my next visa!

you must have reached a certain age limit so they just test whether you still can cope with the multitude of regulations, reminders, blablabla that you will face when actually in the country...

on a more serious ( side ) note, do you have HKPIDC or how did you manage to get 3 x 12 months visa ?
    If the answer is yes, I believe you could have applied for one 3 year visa on your second application.

My friend and I went to the visa office last week. Both Permanent ID card holder. He got a double entry as he had a new passport with only one China visa stamp in it because he hadn't had time to go to the visa office last time and just got a quickie in Shenzhen and I got one year multiple entry. The last time, they only gave me 6 months as I also had a new passport.

Both of us have had multiple entry visas in the past... That's just the way it goes. You can always try on a different day if you have time to waste.

Why don't you just go to your country's passport office and add some pages. Its free for Americans and Brits.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Did they reject you at the Visa Office?
    My company uses an agent of some kind. The agent picked up my passport from the office and it came back a day later without the visa. Im not sure if it got to the visa office or if its just my over cautious agent that came up with this rule and decided not to lodge it for me.

Anyway, I just need to get a new passport and then I can apply again. No big deal I guess and I had to do it soon anyway. Just a lot of messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    My friend and I went to the visa office last week. Both Permanent ID card holder. He got a double entry as he had a new passport with only one China visa stamp in it because he hadn't had time to go to the visa office last time and just got a quickie in Shenzhen and I got one year multiple entry. The last time, they only gave me 6 months as I also had a new passport.

Both of us have had multiple entry visas in the past... That's just the way it goes. You can always try on a different day if you have time to waste.
    From experience I know that it helps if you show them your old passport as reference.
    So in your case you could have tried to go for a better visa based on your visa history ( documented in your old passport )
    But I don't know whether they take your LAST China visa as reference point, that might as well be the case.
    At least it gives you a welcome to the bureaucracy in China.
    E.g. I hate it that the Chinese driving license is only good for five years and needs to be extended.
    Last edited by Morrison; 09-04-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    Why don't you just go to your country's passport office and add some pages. Its free for Americans and Brits.
    many countries don't offer that kind of service.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast