work visa processing time

Closed Thread

Wink work visa processing time

I've been offered a position with a company in HK. I've given them copies of my diploma, college transcripts, employer letter of reference, passport and CV. Unfortunately, my degree isn't terribly applicable to the field in which I've worked for the past seven years. Is it possible that this could work against me? Also, if the application and paperwork are submitted within the next two weeks, is it likely that it will only take 4-8 additional weeks for processing? I'm anxious to know if the timing is a reasonable estimate, as I need to give a month's notice to my landlord and current employer.

Emigra

hello

Once you have filed all of the documents requested by the immigration department, currently it takes around 4 weeks. But this really depends upon the factors of your case. You degree could be a weakness in your case but it really depends upon the whole picture e.g. the salary you are being offered, the companies details etc.

Emigra,

In your past experience, what's the quickest work permit application turnaround time, if expedited? My application will be submitted early next week, and I am targeting to start work in HK by the end of the month!