Shenzhen visa on arrival for British passport holder

Closed Thread

Shenzhen visa on arrival for British passport holder

Is it still possible to get a visa at the Shezhen border with British passport? I have a multi entry but my friend will need to get a visa, however someone has just told her it's no longer possible.

I'm British and managed to get a visa on arrival in LoWu on Tuesday, without any issues.

Many thanks for the quick response

I think you may need to clarify whether the British passport holder is also a HKID card holder. At some times, for some nationalities, this apparently makes a difference.

I also think it is ONLY Lo Wu that offers them. Other border posts do not (if this has changed please let me know).

Yes they are a permanent HKID card holder.

I think the price is 468 Rmb for UK passport holders to get a visa at the border. You need to pay in Rmb.

UK passport Shenzhen

Do they actually put the visa in the passport? I have no more free pages and was hoping it might be a separate paper visa not stuck in...

Remember that there are times when the Shenzhen visa is withdrawn without notice for some nationalities - given that there have been recent meetings being the UK PM and the Dalai Lama, you might want to double check that it is still possible for UK passport holders.