Like Tree5Likes

Extension of dependent visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Extension of dependent visa

Hello all, not been on this site for - oh - over a year!

Anyway... in the process of extending my dependent visa, and have 2 novice questions.

1. What should I put for 'date of last arrival in Hong Kong'?

From the wording I assume the last time I entered (i.e. when I came back from holiday to Singapore) - but it seems more likely they'd ask about the starting date of my visa?

2. What about 'Proposed extension of stay'? - I think it's 2 years, right? But can I just leave it blank as if to say - as long as possible thanks!

Hopefully I won't have any more questions - and thanks in advance for your help!

1.) The date of the last entry stamp in your passport

2.) 3 years

justjoe86 likes this.

The extension you'll get is dependant upon who you're dependant upon - if it's a PR then you will probably get 3 years; for any other visa holder it will normally match the expiry date on their visa.

You are aware that in most cases you can apply for the renewal online?
    GovHK: Online Application for Extension of Stay (for Other Non-Permanent Residents)

justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    1.) The date of the last entry stamp in your passport

2.) 3 years
    OK thanks -

For 1 - i used my HKID card and finger print last time I entered, does that mean I shouldn't acknowledge this?

For 2 - I assume this is 3 years from my application approval (not submission), in which case I don't know the exact date to write on the form

Thanks!

edited - Note this is a reply to PDLM:

Hello, yes, PR - Don't know where I heard it was 2 years!

Yes, I noticed I can apply online but I assume I need to fill in the same forms and same info

So I'm just looking at the forms before I decide if I should apply online or by post.

Thanks for help, I remember you helping with my daughter's British passport too, long before she was born. she has now had that for 7 months and is now 8 months old!

Last edited by justjoe86; 22-05-2011 at 01:17 AM.

And sorry - one more question! Just after asking for details on the length of extension, it says:

'Give full reason for your request...'

I'm not sure I have much other reason than I want to stay here with my wife and daughter! Do I actually need to write anything here?

ID91 is generic , so it is used by people applying for extension of stay as visitors as well, for example. Just put something like "Continuing to reside with my wife".

The date of last entry should be the date you last entered Hong Kong (meaning when you came through the e-channel). (bryant.english is obviously living in pre-e-channel times...)

bryant.english and justjoe86 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    And sorry - one more question! Just after asking for details on the length of extension, it says:

'Give full reason for your request...'

I'm not sure I have much other reason than I want to stay here with my wife and daughter! Do I actually need to write anything here?
    Word for word I wrote 'I live here in Hong Kong with my wife and children'
    justjoe86 likes this.

Thanks very much all (Even those with archaic entry methods!)

OK, just seems a bit informal writing 'I live with my wife and daughter in HK' - But if it works, it works!

Maybe I should write "PS. My daughter is so cute!" and give a photo as 'supporting documents'

That's a joke (Since I came to HK, when I use sarcasm or dry (attempts at) humour I often feel the need to explain it halfheartedly, and then bury my head in shame).

Thanks again

Post Dependant Visa Extension

Hi,
    This is first time I am posting at this forum but it had helped me in the past haha thanks!
    So I am a dependent of permanent resident and applying for extension of stay. Now the tricky part is: website says I cannot submit online application if I am not in HK at time of submission or at time of collection. And I think I have to submit my passport if I submit it in person.
    I have an exam in US in 2 weeks and my HK visa expires in exactly 4 weeks. Is there any way I can drop my application and then they mail me my visa stamp?

I am really confused what to do.

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast