Like Tree6Likes

immigration to hongkong by QMAS

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

immigration to hongkong by QMAS

i am from pakistan my score is 110 ....i want to apply for immigration to hong kong i want to know the full procedure for that also what abt ielts requirment...

Well firstly there is a requirement to speak one of the languages in Hong Kong. Since you probably do not speak Cantonese or Mandarin, perhaps you can rephrase your question in ENGLISH and we will try to help.

All the details you need are here: The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department
    If you can't understand that then your English isn't good enough.

well mr PDLM I CHECKED ALL THE WEBSITE I DO UNDERSTAND BUT MY BASIC CONFUSION IS ABOUT IELTS........

OK YA I CANT SPEAK CHINESE ONLY ENGLISH....

Clearly you don't speak English well enough to grasp basic sarcasm though.

Let me try again.

What do you want to know? I have no idea what "ielts" means. Is it a word? Is it an acronym? SPELL IT OUT. Be clearer.

MovingIn07, relax mate....

IELTS = International English Language Testing Systems.

Malik05, what would you like to know? Could you be a bit more precise than just a one-liner or two? Thought it is pretty much self-explanatory in the statement written by the Immigration Dept.

Football16 likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

QMAS is an entrant scheme; it allows entry into Hong Kong so the person can seek employment. It doesn't convey permanent residency rights which can only be obtained after 7 years' continuous residency in Hong Kong. The QMAS visa holder must show they have taken steps to settle in Hong Kong by taking up residence here, e.g. by securing gainful employment or establishing a business, within the first 12-months. After that 12-moth period, a one-year extension may be granted by the Director of Immigration; however, if the situation doesn't change, no further extensions of stay will be given and the QMAS visa holder and dependants must leave Hong Kong.

To apply in 3 simple steps:
    1. Read the Guidance Notes - ID(E) 982
    2. Fill in the form - ID(E) 981
    3. Send the form to the Immigration Department with supporting document

I cannot possibly imagine what the confusion is about IELTS. You take the exam to show proficiency. Here is a link to the British Council in Pakistan which runs the test: IELTS - British Council Pakistan

Now, what EXACTLY is the confusion?

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 25-05-2011 at 12:24 PM.

My guess is that the English proficiency is insufficient to understand the instructions. In which case, don't both applying.

I had no knowledge on this topic.. but according to item 42 of this note http://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/id(e)982.pdf, you are not required to provide the evidence since English is the official language of Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by malik05:
    i am from pakistan my score is 110 ....i want to apply for immigration to hong kong i want to know the full procedure for that also what abt ielts requirment...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast