Early visa renewal

Closed Thread

Early visa renewal

Hi guys,

I've already emailed Immd on this but I thought I'd ask here in case anyone has done something similar. Basically my HK visa expires in a few months, but my PRC visa expires shortly before then.

I need to visit the mainland but it will be after my Chinese visa expires. Normally that's no problem, I'd just apply for a new one. However my HK visa will expire two weeks later so I am unlikely to be able to apply for another 12 month multiple entry. Of course I can get a single or double entry visa but for obvious reasons I'd rather get the multiple entry.

So my question is, do you think I'd have much luck trying to renew my HK visa outside of the usual 4 week window so that I will be able to apply for the multiple entry PRC visa?

Cheers!

Normal renewal period is one month as you say but apparently it can be done two months before it expires in special circumstances. That sounded like hard work to me (and cost of china visas wasn't a concern as work pay for them) so I just got a double entry china visa to last the month then renewed my hk work visa in the one month period as normal.