What document needed for Police background check coming from U.K?

Closed Thread

i never needed anything like that for immig...

Original Post Deleted
    Why are you coming to HK? I came here and got a Dependent Visa and they never asked for my, 'Enhanced CRB Disclosure', which I had for the schools. Actually nobody has ever asked to see it anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Why are you coming to HK? I came here and got a Dependent Visa and they never asked for my, 'Enhanced CRB Disclosure', which I had for the schools. Actually nobody has ever asked to see it anyway..
    My school basically asked me if I had a criminal record and when I said no, they never asked me for anything again.

Bit worrying I suppose, but saved me some hassle. (to confirm, though, I have no history of crime!)

What does it matter. Unless you have have a criminal conviction then you are OK. Just get it.

The only check acceptable is a CRB check. CRB Checks (Criminal Record Bureau) on line from personnelchecks.co.uk - crb checks Home can get it for you as can many 'umbrella' bodies. I got my last one through Bucks County Council as I was doing some volunteering work for them but I have also paid Hayes Personnel for one before that, can't remember how much?

If you have a record, you're scuppered mate.

Metropolitan Police Service - Subject access request forms

This is the one I got and Immigration was satisfied. Cost £10

Original Post Deleted
    It's only QMAS where you are required to provide the criminal background checks. They are not required for any other type of visa.

Yes, it was for QMAS that I got the police certificate. My husband applied for a dependent visa at the same time and didn't need one.