Like Tree12Likes

QMAS 19th Selection Exercise results

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

QMAS 19th Selection Exercise results

Please anybody update me about the QMAS 19th Selection Exercise results date.

Heard the selection committee meeting was held around end of May. I guess we can expect the publication of the 19th selection exercise in 15 working days!

Well hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by zivalarasa:
    Well hope so.
    How long have you applied? Bear in mind the QMAS process from submission of application takes 6 to 12 months to complete. If you can't wait, perhaps you can call them and let us know when the results will be published? Nobody here knows the answer unless indicated by the case officer.

I applied on 28th March , 2011. Today I received a letter from them asking me to assess my qualification from Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on my expense (HK$ 2160 assessment fee). I have completed my bachelors of engineering in telecommunications from National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Islamabad (Pakistan) in 2008. I am a registered engineer from Pakistan Engineering Council. I have 30 months experience as systems manager in a local loop operator company. Can't understand why they asked me to do so.?.

I applied on 28th March , 2011. Today I received a letter from them asking me to assess my qualification from Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on my expense (HK$ 2160 assessment fee). I have completed my bachelors of engineering in telecommunications from National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Islamabad (Pakistan) in 2008. I am a registered engineer from Pakistan Engineering Council. I have 30 months experience as systems manager in a local loop operator company. Can't understand why they asked me to do so.?.
    The 19th selection exercise has no relevance to you then, since you have to answer their question first before they will allocate you into the selection committee's meeting.

Purpose of the qualification assessment is to ensure that the qualification is similar or meets the requirement of Hong Kong's standard since you will be working in Hong Kong if your application is successful. I have a hunch this is because the IMMD has not dealt with universities from your region and hence it is necessary to take this step to ensure it is all good to go. Nothing is worst than finding out your skills and qualification does not meet HK's registration boards requirement (if relevant) and left you in a situation where you are unable to progress any further.
    Last edited by star-anise; 04-06-2011 at 07:30 AM.

zivalarasa I also applied in March 2011 from Khi received letter in April for further documents, I am also Engineer but my Masters in Marketing is from UK and they asked me to send the original Transcript of UK Masters in Sealed Envelope which i sent them .........as far as my experience, QMAS is asking 90% of applicants for Degree Assessment from Hong Kong, since i sent my application based on my Masters degree therefore till date o have not received any assessment requirement from QMAS ...lets see what they ask in future

Please Read it as " QMAS is asking 90% of Pakistani applicants for Degree Assessment from Hong Kong Authority "

Presumably since you can buy international cricket results in Pakistan you can also buy degree certificates?

star-anise and JaredHK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Presumably since you can buy international cricket results in Pakistan you can also buy degree certificates?
    one thing you can't buy is Osama Bin Ladens whereabouts
    star-anise likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast