shenzhen visa with british passport

Closed Thread

shenzhen visa with british passport

Hi!
    im in hong kong and was wondering how much it will cost me to get a shenzhen visa with my british passport, and also do i need to get it beforehand or can i get it at Lowu border?

You can get the visa at Lo Wu or Lok Ma Chau borders for $450 at the Guangdong Public Security Office. I don't remember where it is at the Lok Ma Chau border as I have not had the need to go to their visa office since 2003 (think it's on the far left of CHINA customs building. Lo Wu is after you exit Hong Kong and cross the footbridge to the China side there are stairs down for Hong Kong Residents. Don't go down the stairs, Opposite side there is a yellow sign for the public security office. Go up the escalator and apply. Takes about 10 minutes most of the time.

really?

i thought british passports couldnt get visa's at the border, has it (and the price) changed again?

It's American's who cannot get Visas at the border. Went to Shenzhen just over a month ago with a British person and they crossed with a Shenzhen visa. Price is more expensive for Americans and British though..

K.. thanks HKchigger!
    that helps... cos now i knw i dont need to worry about gettin the visa first... but omg.. its so expensive for Brits jus for a single entry! >.< annoying!

If you can get your visa beforehand, a 6-month multiple entry visa costs $800 something.

Quote Originally Posted by helles:
    really?

i thought british passports couldnt get visa's at the border, has it (and the price) changed again?
    it changed a while back. But was the policy for quite some time (something to do with a tit-for-tat policy change when the UK introduced mandatory visas for Chinese citizens transiting through the UK about 6 years ago).

still, yes UK citizens pay the high price for Govt shenanigans again :-(