Like Tree1Likes

Changing from Independent to Dependent

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Changing from Independent to Dependent

Hi,

My husband left HK last year but his work visa is still valid till this Sep.
    I (his wife) has work visa and our kids are my dependents.

For some family matters, we live separately now, me and kids in HK, and my husband in our home country. However, since my husband occasionally (but not so many, maybe every month for few days) comes to HK to see us, we would like to continue his visa after this Sep. Therefore, we are thiking of swithing his visa status from work visa to my dependent.

We are now consulting with agency, and one condition for dependent is he/she need to reside in HK. Our agency explainto to us that they cannot guarantee 100% sucess, but they can make up some reasonable reasons for this matter, such as my husband has family issues in his country, so now go and back between two countried although his adderss is in HK.

My questions is if anybody has done the similar before. Do you think my husband can switch the status without any issue?

I am concerned since our current helper is under my husband employment, so once hi loses his visa, we cannot continue our helper. Since we cannot switch employer even between families, losing helper is serious since I am working.

Please advise!!!

If he's not working in HK then his work visa can't/won't be renewed beyond September.

Make up some reasonable reasons for him being out of the country so he can stay beyond September? Ummm that's fraud.

Can you ask your company to sponsor you, since you are working?

Hi,

Maybe some misunderstanding.

My husband --> Work visa expiring this Sep
    Me --> Also have work visa

So, I want to apply for my husband Dependent VISA since his work visa is expiring.

Please forget about his work visa, I know it is expiring anyway since he is not working. Just want to apply for his Dependent visa.

To summarize, I want to sponsor my husband.

Last edited by salseros; 16-06-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Are you earning enough to support your entire family? If so, should be a simple process to change his visa to a Dependent

Thanks, yes it may be simple. But my concern is that my husband is not living in HK (although he pretends to be living in HK...since all the contract is under my husband). He is just go and back between two countries. Not sure if my salary is enough, but it is almost the same as my husband when he used to work here and me and my kids were his dependent.

Apply. You got nothing to lose. Do not waste any money on any agency.

By all means apply but don't lie. You seem to imply this when you talk about the need to 'make up' reasons for your husband being out of HK.

This isn't something I'd recommend because lying in order to obtain a visa is a serious offence, and especially if you're going to publicize it on an internet forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire using GeoClicks Mobile

jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    By all means apply but don't lie. You seem to imply this when you talk about the need to 'make up' reasons for your husband being out of HK.

This isn't something I'd recommend because lying in order to obtain a visa is a serious offence, and especially if you're going to publicize it on an internet forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire using GeoClicks Mobile
    Exactly! And immigration will already know that he's hardly in the country anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:

off the topic, but i am really amazed at people lie about what all things. yesterday was talking to someone, who showed fake work exp in his resume, as he thinks its better for his career in future (yes he accepted it). He wants to apply for job in HK. I was shocked honestly, confronted him and he said he has papers and all. Told him it seems he doesnt believe in himself and his education that he has to depend on such a ridiculous lie. Needless to say, I am staying away from him.

Salesros: Dont lie to immigration, if caught, it will do more harm than good to you and your family.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast