hongkong PR identity card

Talking hongkong PR identity card

perhaps someone else had posted this before.
    but i really wanna know.

how and who can apply for a hongkong PR identity card?
    i cld not really find much information from the immigration department website.

so if anyone know more, pls let me know.thanks alot.

im a singaporean.

The only way as a Singaporean that you will get Permanent Residence in HK is to reside in HK on some other type of visa (Employment, Investment, Study, etc) for 7 years.

then is it possible to reside there and find a job there?

You have to find the job first - there is no such thing as a "residence visa". You either have to be employed in a job that Immigration approves for an Employment visa, or be studying, or invest around US$1M.

so i find a job when im still in singapore and get a visa to stay there?
    thx PDLM

Yes, but you need to find a job for which your employer is happy to sponsor you for an Employment Visa and for which Immigration will grant one. This means that you must have some particular skill or experience not readily available from amongst existing HK permanent residents.

Hi, which means i wont be able to find jobs that dont require "talent" and so wont be able to get a working visa?

my motive was to be able to reside in hong kong to stay and to work there without the limitation(90days visitor visa for singaporean).

Having a specifc talent is a great advantage to get residentship visa in hong kong.. but first you must have a sponsor(employer) who is willing to help you..

Last edited by ahmedjawad1984; 07-04-2008 at 10:43 AM.