HK tourist visa questions

Closed Thread

HK tourist visa questions

Okay first question: Is it possible to get a HK tourist visa without a sponsor? I heard it's possible, but I need a hotel reservation. Unfortunately, I don't have one since I will be staying at my friend's mom's friend's place. I highly doubt that he is willing to be my sponsor (since I don't know him personally), but he will let me stay at his place, so I don't have a hotel reservation.
    Second question: I'm a Vietnamese citizen with US green card. Would they let me get multiple entries (so I can go to China and Macau then come back)? Cuz I couldn't apply for multiple entries for Chinese visa (only single and double). Also, what is the visa's validity? I want to apply early but I don't want to apply too early that my visa will be expired before I even go to HK. I bought my tickets for December.
    Finally, if I apply directly through air mail, do I need to send them my passport? Or will they mail the label to my US address and I will put it on myself?
    Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by poonpoon_lam; 17-06-2011 at 09:25 AM.

1) You do need a hotel reservation if you don't have a sponsor.
    2) Double, triple entries possible - 7 days each entry. multiple? I doubt first time.
    3) They will mail you a label

there are no fixed rules a lot depends on the application. Maybe you could call and inquire with Immigration yourself about point one. Problem is hotels aren't cheap in HK

What did you mean by "7 days each entry?" Like I can only stay there for 7 days? How about the validity? For example, my chinese visa is valid for 6 months, which means I can use it anytime in the next 6 months, and I can stay there for 30 days. How about HK visa? Thank you!

that was just an example. A friend a mine in Shenzhen got a triple entry visa valid for 6 months each stay 7 days in HK.

You should mention and photocopy your china visa when u apply.

So it's possible to get a double-entry even though this is my first time apply? I'm really scared cuz I heard from a lot of ppl that first time applicants only get single entry...

Quote Originally Posted by poonpoon_lam:
    So it's possible to get a double-entry even though this is my first time apply? I'm really scared cuz I heard from a lot of ppl that first time applicants only get single entry...
    Don't worry, they won't lock you up. They will rough you up a bit but that is all.

Try for a double entry.

Quote Originally Posted by poonpoon_lam:
    You should try to get a double entry with 14 days each stay. That is what the Vietnamese can get in Vietnam. Not sure if bribes are involved though.

Thanks for the help guys! Is there a section where I can indicate which type of visa (single, double...) I want to apply for? I don't see it on the form (ID1003A)