Duration of funds to be maintained before sending the docs for QMAS.

Closed Thread

Duration of funds to be maintained before sending the docs for QMAS.

I have applied for the QMAS, I need to know that for how long are the funds to be maintained before the documents are sent to HK for visa. What is the amount of funds required for couples approx. I will really appreciate your assistance.

Nobody can answer either of these questions for sure - except Immigration, and they obviously won't tell you how to game the system. However...

What you're trying to prove is that you have the funds to support yourself at a 'professional' level of lifestyle, if you don't/can't get work. This could be completely wrong, but if you've got less than, say, $200k-$250k, I'd say you might have a problem.

As for how long you have to maintain - well, it has to be provably your money/asset. If it looks like you've just borrowed the funds to pass the test, I guess they'll chase for more details.

Given the recent numbers the government have released, if you're not sure about this stuff - frankly, if you're having to ask the former question, at least - you might want to reconsider QMAS...

Funds to be maintained for QMAS

I will be grateful if some one can tell as to how the funds are to be maintained and how long before the amount has to be maintained before applying for the visa.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

On point one, the funds would obviously have to be liquid.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 27-06-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cb06vrs:
    I will be grateful if some one can tell as to how the funds are to be maintained and how long before the amount has to be maintained before applying for the visa.
    Maybe you would like to tell us how long you've had these funds and we can comment on an actual situation rather than a hypothetical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    On point one, the funds would obviously have to be liquid.
    Chapter 17 in the Guidance Notes:
    Four major types of assets are generally acceptable as proofs of assets: bank deposits, real estate, securities and interests in privately-owned companies.

Quote Originally Posted by AIP:
    Maybe you would like to tell us how long you've had these funds and we can comment on an actual situation rather than a hypothetical one.
    i have maintained for the last 2-3 months nearly. how do those guys assess your financial ability this is what i mean.

may thanks