Like Tree11Likes

HK Immigration Lawyer Recommendation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK Immigration Lawyer Recommendation

I wanted to share with the GeoExpat community my experience with this immigration consultancy firm. I contacted them based on the recommendation of a contributor here on GeoExpat. The firm's name is "Lloyden". I spoke to an attorney name Dowson Yun. He spoke to me for almost 20 minutes answering all of my questions in a professional and knowledgeable manner. I kept expecting him to try to schedule a face-to-face consultation with me. He did not. Instead he asked me to describe my situation to him, and he offered me advice and suggestions in an unhurried fashion. I really appreciated that. In lieu of payment I wanted to endorse Mr. Dowson Yun here on this site. If anyone is looking for help with investment visas, or employment visas, I'd recommend this firm, and particularly Mr. Downson Yun. He can be reached at 2151-8082.

Cheers.

Barbara Kir likes this.

Have you told the boss man that his Jr is incompetent and not up to your expectations?

It is usual practice for a Sr-ish lawyer to front the meeting and then pass to an associate for day to day follow up (presumably it keeps your costs down...)

HK_Katherine and hongkong7 like this.

Why do you need an immigration lawyer anyway? The vast majority of immigration issues are easily handled without any need for additional help and if yours was one of these it's hardly surprising a junior was assigned to it.

Hello, have contacted Mr Dawnson Yun based on the first post and he has been very helpful! Asked about the situation and in details explained what should do and what's the regulations in Hong Kong regarding my case with working visa. Never asked to come to the office and advised that could contact in case need any assistance to take actions with visa application or any other related matter.

Thank you very much for this post and for sharing his contact details! ))

Could you perhaps share why you needed a lawyer?

Just wanted to consult and have more confidence regarding visa matter

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Kir:
    Hello, have contacted Mr Dawnson Yun based on the first post and he has been very helpful!
    Yeah but what about the negative review by the 2nd poster? Did you just ignore that one? Seems a bit weird.....

in my case was no need to take actions just consultation based on knowledge regarding immigrate department regulations. Information he provided was detailed and matching with information from another resources

I smell spam

JAherbert, shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I smell spam
    Darn it Katherine you're making me feel hungry now
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast