Work Visa Good for only one entry???

Closed Thread

Work Visa Good for only one entry???

Hi guys, so I am looking at my work visa and it says "good for a single journey to Hong Kong".

So I does that mean I can't leave and return to Hong Kong until I get another work visa? Or do they just look at my visa and see if the 12 month date expired yet?

Thanks in advance.

Don't worry - it's bad wording, which confuses many people, but what it means is that you now have the right to enter Hong Kong, and don't need visa at the airport or anything like that. Once you do enter, you become a temporary resident, and can come and go as you please for the duration of the visa.

Once you get to HK, you will have an HKID issued which is valid for the duration of your employment visa (non-permanent). This identifies you as a temporary resident, and is essentially an additional travel document that you will require when travelling in and out of Hong Kong.

Thanks. When I read it, the first thing that came to mind was a 1 time tourist Visa.

Yeah, I saw that too. Also, you can exit and re-enter using your passport and it won't affect your work visa. You should however apply for a HKID, ask for e-channel, although I'm pretty sure they do this automatically now. Also, pick a chinese name for your HKID

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    Yeah, I saw that too. Also, you can exit and re-enter using your passport and it won't affect your work visa. You should however apply for a HKID, ask for e-channel, although I'm pretty sure they do this automatically now. Also, pick a chinese name for your HKID
    It is not necessary to have a Chinese name on your HKID, but it is legally required to get a HKID after arriving on any non-permanent resident visa lasting more than 180 days. All HKIDs work in the e-channels except for those on Study Visa and FDH visas.