Like Tree31Likes

Gay visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    as soon as i saw that comment i thought... what's his real username?

It makes sense to do this as it is nonsense as is not recognizing common law marriages like mine of freaking nearly 35 years now. It pisses me off to fill out the HK Immigration forms and say single when I am the only one in my family other than my mom and dad who have not divorced! It fails to recognize that I have raised two kids and now have grandchildren but HK is so stuck in the old days.

For immigration to Canada you have to prove you are genuine partners but like anything else it can all be faked. When soccer player Justin Fashanau (now dead) got paid $80000 pounds to come out of the closet he had to first warn his team mates in Vancouver where he was playing. As one player told me for half of that he'd declare he was gay too as no one in Vancouver cares about that shit. This guy told me half the team asked Fashanau for the writer's number so they could get the cash.

In Canada it is the opposite. The tax authorities on you like a bad smell when you file taxes from the same address as another person regardless of sexual orientation. Unless you are just room mates you file as I do now in Canada a joint tax return.

I suspect Ubon here is a poster wanting to get folks riled up and get a good debate happening.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There is no "gay cure", just as there is no cure for stupid.

SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    There is no "gay cure", just as there is no cure for stupid.
    There isnt one today but I can imagine the day when there will be one.
    Sexuality as well as stupidity are mostly genetic. There have been many advancements made in genetics and those advancements will continue.

I can imagine in a few decades the ability to identify and then splice genes that you want and dont want. They are doing this for plants and animals already. Humans wont be far behind.

We are not that far off from having designer babies IMO.

Original Post Deleted
    Surely that was a typo? It should have read "0/10 for the trolling attempt" as there was nothing skillful about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    We are not that far off from having designer babies IMO.
    There's no denying the science exists but the moral objection would be so loud i cannot imagine it happening, except perhaps in secret.

There is clearly the ability to clone humans too. Many believe it has been done.

Let us all hope they never clone this:
    Name:  ba_uglydogs_0026_df.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  30.8 KB

Ramdom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    It makes sense to do this as it is nonsense as is not recognizing common law marriages like mine of freaking nearly 35 years now. It pisses me off to fill out the HK Immigration forms and say single when I am the only one in my family other than my mom and dad who have not divorced! It fails to recognize that I have raised two kids and now have grandchildren but HK is so stuck in the old days.

If it bothers you so much to fill out a form and say you are single, why don't you get married?
    Last edited by hongkongperson; 19-07-2011 at 04:40 PM.

I want to know, is this gay visa single of multiple entry? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongperson:
    If it bothers you so much to fill out a form and say you are single, why don't you get married?
    Good question. For the first five years I struggled with commitment then later on my wife just said no. Why change what works?

When coaching my kids in sports growing up we who were living in Biblical sin were pillars of the community in comparison to what was going on with parents of kids our kids went to school with.

My point is how silly these outfits are to institutionalize just one way of forming partnerships.

How silly is it to say single which is simply not true? Here is one reason. If the HK gov't in processing a visa application doesn't get a fuller picture of the person they are letting in then they are making an error rather than getting a full picture of the person and their key relationships. Let's say they let a woman with a work visa as she posts up single. But her b/f is an international drug dealer or criminal. You'd think HK would want a honest and full backgrounder.

I found out about the building I am in as I responded to an ad placed by a gay couple. They moved to Canada as the partner could not get a job at the time and his Aussie visa runs weren't going to work forever. In Canada he went in as same sex partner. I didn't see this person face to face but he sent me his resume and his background was all senior level positions in blue chip companies. He just hit HK in a bad time for his field I assume. I believe it could lead to a talent loss or others who might not want to come.

Same with non-gay relationships where it is clear that they are genuine partners in life and can prove it. It makes sense to let them in too (although I suspect on that one it is about jobs for locals that might be an issue).
    Last edited by Football16; 19-07-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast