Dependant Visa form

Closed Thread

Question Dependant Visa form

Hi Gents:
    Can anyone please let me know where to download the form for dependant visa? i spend a while on HK IMMi website and can't find the proper for dependant visa apps. their helpdesk told me it is ID936B/I/L but they are not exist.

Thanks in advance. it will be even better if you can give me the url.

cheers

try this web page, the english version of the application is on here (just past half way).

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/public_7.htm

By the way, you may need to have a Printer configured on your PC to access the page.

Last edited by Pekkerhead; 09-06-2007 at 09:10 PM.

This form http://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/id(e)936.pdf
    Sections B I & L as they said.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    This form http://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/id(e)936.pdf
    Sections B I & L as they said.
    yes, and the link I gave has a downloadable version of 936 sections A to L inclusive

Thanks very much for the replies gents!

Can i also ask if i need to fill in section B,E,F,G and L under general employment category and B, I and L under dependant category.
    Especially the G section which is for the employer to fill in. I guess I should be the only sponsor required.

cheers
    Leo

No - you are either applying for a Dependant Visa (in which case you fill in B, I, L) OR you are applying for an Employment Visa (in which case you fill in B, E, F, G, L). You can't apply for bot - it's one or the other.

For a Dependant Visa the Sponsor is the family member (spouse, parent, child) upon whom you are Dependant (and the Sponsor must already be a Permanent Resident of Hong Kong (they can be your spouse, child (if you are over 60) or parent (if you are under 18)) or a resident with an Employment, Study, Investment or CEIS Visa (your spouse or parent only).

For an employment Visa the sponsor is your (potential) Employer.

(By the way, it is not a valid assumption that everyone on this board is a "Gent".)

Last edited by PDLM; 11-06-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    No - you are either applying for a Dependant Visa (in which case you fill in B, I, L) OR you are applying for an Employment Visa (in which case you fill in B, E, F, G, L). You can't apply for bot - it's one or the other.

For an employment Visa the sponsor is your (potential) Employer.

(By the way, it is not a valid assumption that everyone on this board is a "Gent".)
    Thanks very much for the reply. our situation is i had an work permit sponsored by my employer. so, i should only ask my wife to fill in section of B, I, L right?
    Apologize for the addressing.
    cheers

In that case your wife is the Applicant for a Dependant Visa. You are her Sponsor.

So she is responsible for Part A.
    You are responsible for Part B
    She is responsible for Part I Section A
    You are responsible for Part I Section B
    She is responsible for Part L

As always when dealing with Immigration, make sure you give them all the supporting documentation they ask for, and if any document is missing then explain in a covering letter why it is missing (otherwise the process will be extended by 2 weeks because the first thing they will do is write to you to ask for the missing documents). Any additional documents which support your case are always a good idea so long as they obviously add to the appropriate weight of evidence.

lol, it is easy. just type in search and you will get it.