My ROA application has been approved last year, I'm seeking some information as to what I need to do to get my HK ID card before I come back to Hong Kong later this year. I'm currently residing in the USA, I plan to come back to Hong Kong at end of the year, can you
please shed some light on the following questions:
1. What do I need to bring to the immigration office when I come to apply my HK ID card? Passport, approval paper, any other identifications or papers?
2. Once I have my HK ID card application accepted, how long does it take to process my HK ID card before I can pick it up? I'll be in Hong Kong only a week or two, is that enough time to wait for my HK ID card?
3. If I'm unable to pick up my HK ID card, can I authorise someone to pick it up for me? Does she or he have to be present when I apply for my HK ID card?
4. Can I apply for the HKSAR passport at the same time as my HK ID card?
5. Is the HK ID card the same as the Smart card?
Your answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!