QMAS Visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

QMAS Visa

Hi ,
    I have some questions, someone please advise me.

1)Point 59 on QMAS guide says, After formal approval is granted, the applicant and his/her dependent, if any will be issue with an entry visa for stay in Hong Kong under the scheme.

What does it mean
    1) I have to bring my spouse and kid passport also when I will come to hong kong for Interview and it is must for them also that they will enter to hong kong before their 3 months finished or is there any flexibility for dependent.
    2)Qmas is itself is a work visa or it is like job search visa, I mean once you will get job I have to apply for work permit separately.
    3) Qmas Visa is employer bound or you are free to change your job whenever you want

4) Qmas applicant can work on any profession to support themselves or it is must that they will work in their specified occupation in app.
    Regards
    Nisar
    Last edited by shezad; 06-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.

1. flexibility, I think
    2. like a job search visa
    3. free to change job
    4. any profession

2. No - once you have it you can work freely - you don't need to apply for any other work permit.

Thanks for the response, Would you please clear more about dependent visa question or someone who went
    through this process.

Last, as you said you can change job whenever you want it means employers cant bound you by contract
    or taking your passport.

QMAS visa holder can apply for jobs in Govt. sector also

Well clearly you must have a contract of employment - as to what that says in terms of notice period and so on that is for you to negotiate. It is illegal for any employer to hold your passport.

In principle QMAS holders could apply for Government sector jobs, but the vast majority require fluency in Chinese (Cantonese at least and many Putonghua as well), and most also require you to be a HK Permanent Resident (which is a status you can acquire only after you have been continuously, legally resident in HK for 7 years).

What more do you need to know about dependents? A spouse or child can get a dependent visa any time from someone holding a valid hk visa.
    A parent can only get dependent from a permenant resiudent (live here 7 year).

Thanks PDLM for this information.

Movingin07 , I asked that question because I have applied for dependent visa along with my QMAS application as it was requested that time, and once my application approve, they will issue my visa same time, thats why that question come in my mind that what will happen with the dependent visa, are they also going to get visa same time and if yes then what is the validity of visa for them like in my case it is 90 days.

I hope you understand my point

Once granted with a QMAS visa, the dependants will also get their Dependant visas. The 90 day is the stipulated dates where you have to enter HK to activate the visa (same for dependants). If you don't enter HK within that 90 days, your visa will expire.

If you enter HK along with your dependants within the 90 days, you will be given an entry stamp which a year of multiple entries. During this one year period, you will need to demonstrate to the IMMD that you have take steps to settle in HK.

That's as far as my understanding goes. (I have yet to attend my interview with the IMMD).

Last edited by star-anise; 08-08-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by star-anise:
    Once granted with a QMAS visa, the dependants will also get their Dependant visas. The 90 day is the stipulated dates where you have to enter HK to activate the visa (same for dependants). If you don't enter HK within that 90 days, your visa will expire.

If you enter HK along with your dependants within the 90 days, you will be given an entry stamp which a year of multiple entries. During this one year period, you will need to demonstrate to the IMMD that you have take steps to settle in HK.

That's as far as my understanding goes. (I have yet to attend my interview with the IMMD).

Thats what I also feel and thats why I m worry also. I dont want to bring my family here
    when I dont have job here and I m searching job.

it is not easy and it is not a wise decision, let c what happen

So why did you apply for the dependent visa then? Perhaps the time for asking questions is BEFORE you fill in the form?

Anyway, if the visa expires before they use it, you can always reapply.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast