permanent hk id.. need help!

Closed Thread

permanent hk id.. need help!

hey everybody,

I've been wanting to apply for a hk id for a long time but never went after it.
    I've done some research on the internet but just can't find my answer.. so i help one of you could help me.

I live in the netherlands and im 20yr old.
    im not planning to stay in hk for a long time. but i do visit hk very often.
    My parents were both born in hk and both citizens of hk. my dad is still a hk permanent citizen.

Do i qualify for a hk id??

you will have a good chance of getting one

but you may only have right to land status ( no stars status)

You are a permanent resident of HK if you are a Chinese citizen according to the laws of the PRC.

To determine if you are a Chinese citizen, please let me know:
    1) Were you regarded as a citizen of the country of your birth, according to the laws of your birthplace, at the time of your birth?
    2) Was your father a Chinese citizen, according to the laws of the PRC, at the time of your birth?
    3) Was your mother a Chinese citizen, according to the laws of the PRC, at the time of your birth?
    4) Had your father settled down anywhere out of China at the time of your birth?
    5) Had your mother settled down anywhere out of China at the time of your birth?

Quote Originally Posted by louisa991:
    hey everybody,

I've been wanting to apply for a hk id for a long time but never went after it.
    I've done some research on the internet but just can't find my answer.. so i help one of you could help me.

I live in the netherlands and im 20yr old.
    im not planning to stay in hk for a long time. but i do visit hk very often.
    My parents were both born in hk and both citizens of hk. my dad is still a hk permanent citizen.

Do i qualify for a hk id??
    Last edited by User; 17-08-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Were you born in HK? If not and your dad or mom did not apply for your HKID earlier, and as you have already crossed the age of 18 it is not possible to get HKID that easily.

Read hairball's excellent page here and come back if you still have questions: A Guide to the Right of Abode in Hong Kong - HKID for ABC, CBC, BBC