re-new ID card

re-new ID card

Hi:

my mum is a chinese resident and every year (for 6 weeks) i stay out in Hong Kong for the summer holidays. last year (when i was 17) i successfully got an ID card to live and work in Hong Kong. since then i have still lived in the UK and turned 18 in may 2004. since turning 18 i had 5 weeks to renew my ID card, of which i have missed the dead-line.....by a long time.

now that i have missed the dead line, do i have to re-apply for an ID card all the way from the beginging? or will they be sympathetic and just let me renew my card? also, am i able to do part of the process over the internet, then travel back over there for the finer details??????!!!!!

HELP!!!

hannah..

since u already got the HKID..but missed the deadline to get the adult ID...i think u can
    still get it later..by going to the nearest immigration office..in hk...since u already had the child hkid..u can just book an appointment online or go there and schedule for an appointment right away to change ur id to the adult id..and if they ask u why u didnt get it before..just say u were out of the country...there shouldnt be any problem...~~~

to supplement what fiana said: every HK ID card holders who miss the renewal deadline WHILE OVERSEAS (outside HK), they gotta renew it within 30 days after their return back to SAR.

With most questions that are so specific, I'd recommend you drop the folks at immigration a line.

[email protected]

hi hannah..i forgot to mention another thing...

if there is a HK immigration office in the city where u live...u can apply for the adult HKID there too....and i think u will get a temporary one...but the difference is that once u go back to hk...u have to change your ID again by going to the immigration office to get an actual one for use in HK....