how long does it take to renew a hong kong working visa?

Closed Thread

how long does it take to renew a hong kong working visa?

Hello Everyone,

i was wondering how long it takes to renew a hongkong workong visa?
    i am from usa and coming up on my one year visa ending and im going to have it renewed this week hopfully. was wondering how much hkd$ it is to renew and if after you renew it do they give you a recipt or somthing saying you renewed it and just waiting to pick it up ?

im going on vacation and need a visa to go but they rejected my turist visa becouse my work visa i have now just happends to run out on the date ill be in that contry so they dont think i will return to hk becouse i didnt have a recipt or anything saying that i will renew it befor i leave right now.

please if you have any infomation that would help ill be super happy

Assuming your circumstances remain unchanged then you can apply for the extension online. You can do this any time from 4 weeks before the expiry date, and it normally takes about 2 weeks for the extension to be processed.
    GovHK: Online Application for Extension of Stay (for Other Non-Permanent Residents)

As noted in the FAQ, you will be notified of the success of the extension by email.
    https://webapp.immd.gov.hk/content_o...page1.html#Q17

You can check the progress here: GovHK: Online Application Status Enquiry

The fee is HK$160. The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

is that for working visa with somone that has a hk id that just renewing there visa?... im getting the letter fom my work that says i still have the job and need to renew this week so ican get things going... do i need a letter if i apply for it on line with that link you gave me?

Yes - if you follow the link you can see what supporting documents you need. You scan them and attach the files to your online application.

thank you! vary helpful!