Like Tree2Likes

What name should I put on my dependant's visa application? Maiden or married?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile What name should I put on my dependant's visa application? Maiden or married?

This seems like such a silly question but I'm really not sure what to put on my dependent's visa application form.

I am married but have not yet changed my passport to my married name.

As my maiden name is still on the passport would it be best to put my maiden name on the form? or is ok to add my married name?

I'm not sure when your name 'officially' changes I guess. Is it when you get married or when you change your passport?

Anyway, if anyone could quickly assess my confusion that would be much appreciated!!

getting marry has nothing to do with changing your name.
    you may choose to change your name after you get marry.

to make your life easier, go change your name before you apply for any visas.

u put what ever name is on the passport.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

You don't need to change your name either

Thanks. That would be easier but I need to get my visa asap so to start a job I have been offered.

I guess in that case I should proceed with my maiden name on these forms and then change everything once I have the visa back etc.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Thank you everyone!

All details should be as your passport including signature.
    your HKID will also come with your maiden name and all official paperwork in HK should be done using the name you have on your ppt/HKID.
    if you are keen to have your married name on all the documents then better to change it beforehand as suggested by dumbdonkey.

if you do intend to change your name in the near future, i strongly advise you to do it before you get your visa. i believe you can do both at the same time and let immigration know that you have changed your name.

Quote Originally Posted by elbe:
    I'm not sure when your name 'officially' changes I guess.
    It changes only if/when you want it to. Why do you want to change your name anyway? Is your current one particularly embarrassing or something?
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    It changes only if/when you want it to. Why do you want to change your name anyway? Is your current one particularly embarrassing or something?
    If your name was Elbe DeletedUser wouldn't you change it?

It does make it easier if you have kids.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast