Home Return Permit renewal timescale

Closed Thread

Home Return Permit renewal timescale

Hi Everyone

Please help! I hold a 10-year HRP which is due to expire in Dec 2012. I was thinking of visiting HK in March 2012 and hope to renew it then. Is this permitable/possible? There may be rules governing the timescale to renewal but on the HK website of the China Travel Service which expedite its application it doesn't advertise about this permit, only visas! Otherwise I might need to reconsider my planned visit to coincide with renewing the HRP. The only info I've managed to find out in this forum is that it's relatively easy to renew once the permit has lapsed but not the other way round. If this is true maybe I shouldn't worry about it too much but I'd like to know all the same?

Many thanks in advance.

According to the CTSHK webpage (http://www.ctshk.com/zhengjian/gangao.htm#request), you may apply for a renewal within a year prior to the expiration date of your current HRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey:
    Hi Everyone

Please help! I hold a 10-year HRP which is due to expire in Dec 2012. I was thinking of visiting HK in March 2012 and hope to renew it then. Is this permitable/possible? There may be rules governing the timescale to renewal but on the HK website of the China Travel Service which expedite its application it doesn't advertise about this permit, only visas! Otherwise I might need to reconsider my planned visit to coincide with renewing the HRP. The only info I've managed to find out in this forum is that it's relatively easy to renew once the permit has lapsed but not the other way round. If this is true maybe I shouldn't worry about it too much but I'd like to know all the same?

Many thanks in advance.

Many thanks for the link "User". It's interesting that when you go to the CTSHK site as I originally did and looked at it in "English" that section for HRP is not included, just visas. Only if you looked it up in it's original Chinese format! I had to use the translator in Google as I can't read chinese characters! I think the following is the sentence that refers to the timescale but it's quite badly done:

* In the original certificate before the expiry of one year in advance of renewal, and the new date of issuance of the card by the applicant to come up for renewal procedures for the calculation.

Now I know for sure I can make my plans so thanks a million!