Applying for HKID Verification

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Applying for HKID Verification

I intend to travel to Hong Kong to obtain HKID card as this is one of the requirements as stated in their notes for guidance. My question if whether they require a copy of the airport immigration stamp in my passport in addition to my airline travel ticket as proof. My claim for chinese citizenship is by virtue that both my parents are chinese citizens born in Hong Kong. I was born in the UK. Under the documentary proof required, it also asks for evidence showing the time both parents has acquired the permanent residential status in Hong Kong. ie travel document which I am not sure what this means. I do have my parents very old HKID cards , and wonder if these are any use. Also it asks for the form to be sent by post but this seems daft having to travel back to Hong Kong just to post the application to them. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

just post the application from the uk...no?

HKID Verification

No, it specifically asks for proof of travel

sorry, just saw that you said you need to be here to apply.

even if they need a copy of the stamp, just take your passport to the office when you go. no big deal.

Hkid

ok but what does it specifically mean when they ask for verification that my parents has acquired permanent residential status in HK, ie travel document. Is there anyone on these forums in a similar situation like mine.

Uh... You need to email these questions to the Immigration Department - or just call them. It can be a bit hard to get through on the phone, and you'll have to wait a day or two for an emailed reply, but they are the only people who can give you firm answers to your questions. All people can do here is make guessed interpretations of the rules, or speak from their personal experience.

What vmlinuz says is spot on -- and "I read this on the internet so I am hear, now give me a permanent ID card" does not work with IMMD.

[email protected]

Hi

I am in a very similar situation, except I was born in Hong Kong, but do not have a HKID card because I immigrated at a very young age.

For my verification, I only needed to provide a photocopy of my birth certificate and passport as well as the HKID cards of my parents.

Your best bet is to head to the immigration office in Wan Chai in person and go to the second floor inquiries. The people there are quite helpful in sorting out your situation and letting you know exactly what forms and documents you need.

A word of warning though...it seems like they take forever to get verification completed, something like 2 months!

Hkid

thanks to all that have provided advice

Last edited by chand888; 15-07-2007 at 06:19 PM.

HKID Verification

Kennethtoronto

thanks for advice, but did you travel back to HK and posted the application ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast