Like Tree6Likes

Husband and Wife coming together

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Husband and Wife coming together

My wife's sponsor in HK has got the work visa label on her behalf and is going to send us the label soon.When my wife filled the application form ID E 990A(Application for Employment),she mentioned my name as her dependent.As the permit is ready,I am not sure about a couple of things:

1.Can I accompany my wife or will she have to go first and then sponsor me again?
    2.Do I have to go to the local Chinese Embassy to get the work visa?According to my wife's sponsor,there is absolutely no need to go to the embassy.Just showing the label to the HK IMMD is enough.
    3.Will I also get a separate label showing me as a dependent?

Friends,please suggest.

Normally the two visas are issued together if you apply for them together (as your wife appears to have done). I would expect that you will in fact receive two visa stickers, one for each of your passports. You simply stick them in your passports (make sure you get them the right way round!) and then just turn up at HK Immigration (using the HK Residents desk). Remember that you are required to apply for your HKID cards with 14 (or is it 28?) days of your arrival.

Satay Sue likes this.

Just what PDLM said. It's easy. Stop worrying.

Yes, that's what happened with us.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    ...Remember that you are required to apply for your HKID cards with 14 (or is it 28?) days of your arrival.
    30 days it is.
    GovHK: Applications by People Aged 18 or Over

One should make an appointment online, as there is always a risk that the daily walk in quota is full.
    Last edited by hktraveller; 08-10-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Many,many thanks to all of you.I really appreciate the help.God bless you,and thanks a ton.

This is for the benefit of other users:

We got our visas within 21 days.One work visa and one dependent.The employer sent us a scan of a fax which he received from the IMMD.They have asked us to fly to HK,and then after a day,go to Macau to activate the visa.

Yesterday the IMMD asked for more info.They wanted to see comments on the skills from our previous employers.Earlier we had sent them a certificate of employment stating period and position of employment.Yesterday we sent them a written reference,and today visa was granted.Thank you.

Nobody else was severely disappointed when realising this thread wasn't about what they originally thought?

No? Just me? I'll get my coat

lol... i was thinking the same thing!

I have absolutely no idea what you mean being pure and innocent.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast