Like Tree31Likes

URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR GETTING A VISA FOR HK

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Conference organisers do not ask people to go to conferences that are impossible to get to; neither do the refuse to help with genuine requests. Many organisers have entire departments devoted to making sure speakers turn up on time. Why not just talk to a travel agent in Iran and get them to organise it. That's what normally happens if you go overseas. Or WALK INTO the chinese consulate and ask for their help rather than waiting for an appointment. All of these options sound so much simpler. I'm on the "it's a scam" side of this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by lubirant:
    @ stoob :
    yes i tried the chinese embassy in iran but they scheduled my interview for 3weeks from now , and at that time i will loose the conference time,because when they accept the documents they will send it to the HK embassy and it will take another at least 1month time for them to verify and issue a visa ,so the only option was for me to act directly.
    After reading the post again. This tells me you haven't applied for a visa and want someone on this forum to sponsor you. We at Geoexpat don't do that.

Stick to the conference organisers and ask them to arrange hotel + and submit the visa application on your behalf. You'll have to sign the application (can be downloaded), provide bank statements and copies of your passport. Conference organisers will take care of the rest and mail you the Visa sticker.

All the best!
    Football16 likes this.

no,you just dont get it , the organization is SIGGRAPH ASIA2011 conferences with too many applicants , they sent us all some invitation forms and i asked for their help many times but they cant do anything about the HK consulate because their main office is in singapore.
    and i dont want a sponsor,i just need someone who IS CURRENTLY IN HK and can pay the consulate fee on our behalf,first i send him money,and when he was contacted by the government of HK he will pay the fee,he is not refered to as my sponsor,just a FRIEND .
    as they say here :
    Alternatively, if you have a friend in HK who can pay for the visa fee on your behalf, you may leave his Hong Kong contact telephone number in your application in order to contact him for arrangement of payment.

is it clear now or what ? why do you like to complicate stuff ?

[i am applying for the visa directly,and unfortunately the HK CONSULATE doesnt accept online payment,just someone to do it on our behalf

Last edited by lubirant; 22-10-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Ahh thanks for the clarification - good luck finding a friend to do that.

@ bak875
    thankyou , and good luck to you acting as Sherlock Holmes instead of really trying to help people who need help.

Quote Originally Posted by lubirant:
    no,you just dont get it , the organization is SIGGRAPH ASIA2011 conferences with too many applicants , they sent us all some invitation forms and i asked for their help many times but they cant do anything about the HK consulate because their main office is in singapore.
    and i dont want a sponsor,i just need someone who IS CURRENTLY IN HK and can pay the consulate fee on our behalf,first i send him money,and when he was contacted by the government of HK he will pay the fee,he is not refered to as my sponsor,just a FRIEND .
    as they say here :

Alternatively, if you have a friend in HK who can pay for the visa fee on your behalf, you may leave his Hong Kong contact telephone number in your application in order to contact him for arrangement of payment.

is it clear now or what ? why do you like to complicate stuff ?
    Sorry, unfortunately nobody here is your FRIEND unless they know you personally. We can't act as your FRIEND as that would be considered as cheating and could potentially get into trouble with the immigration and the Laws of Hong Kong. It is also likely being a FRIEND of yours, one would need to be responsible not just by paying your visa fee but also some sort of guarantee of your stay in HK.

If for some reason you have missed out on your chances to attend this whatever conference, it is perhaps something known as "reality" or "tough luck" you should accept. Nobody owes you anything here to begin with and please don't make it sounded like we do.

Good luck finding help at the wrong place. Looks to be a scam.
    Last edited by star-anise; 22-10-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    Football16 likes this.

As the saying goes: “If it sounds too good to be true, generally it is”

Football16 likes this.

@ star-anise:
    what you say refers to a sponsor , a sponsor is someone who is responsible for trying to get you somewhere,what i asked for is someone who acts on the behalf of you only because he/she is currently in HK ,and it can be anyone ,just pays the fee and goes away and no responsibilities. you must know the difference between these two,for your own knowledge at least and you can easily contact the embassy to make sure of it.
    ANYWAY THANKS TO EVERYONE .

@lub....either u r insanely stupid or u think ppl in hong kong are stupid??
    FRIEND who will pay the fees on behalf of you and there is no responsibility???

Atleast check the forms online before coming with the crap..now I have no doubt that u r a fraud or spammer

Football16 likes this.