Like Tree31Likes

URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR GETTING A VISA FOR HK

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

@ ramdom :
    thank you so much,it was a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Can someone tell what the liability is?

If I understand correctly, all the OP is asking for is for someone to take payment in for him but NOT sponsor him.

What therefore would/could the payer be liable for?
    He is clearly manipulating the facts, to apply visitors visa in hong kong , the visitors needs a local sponsor who will be the invitee. The liability will depend on what sort of trouble he will do in hong kong.

PS : WHEN YOU APPLY FOR VISITOR VISA IN HONG KONG ,THE FEES IS ONLY NEEDED TO BE PAID UPON APPROVAL OF VISA.

I seriously don't understand why everyone is so interested in discussing it when he is clearly manipulating the facts to come hong kong.
    Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjpirated:
    I seriously don't understand why everyone is so interested in discussing
    That's because you're a newbie......it's called scambaiting. On the other hand, someone will come along with an interesting new thread soon and we'll all bugger off to that one..

The 'how much can I expect to be paid' thread and responses shows how bored we all are as well.....

Until someone starts a new thread about China/religion vs science/cars vs public transport/NTs vs KLN/HK or how long it really takes to get from DB to Central it's going to be pretty inane...

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Can someone tell what the liability is?

If I understand correctly, all the OP is asking for is for someone to take payment in for him but NOT sponsor him.

What therefore would/could the payer be liable for?

OP is asking for help.. typical of all scams.. you get options which only later after the relationship is built it turns out to be only your bank information and then you get taken.

if someone is willing to help we have two options,first i can name that person and his/her contact number to the HK EMBASSY,they will contact him/her in order to pay the fee on our behalf and after the procedure and on my arrival to HK i will repay the payment to him/her first thing i do,because i had difficulties paying online from my country,
    secondly i will try to transfer that amount to his/her account and when it was confirmed he/she can help us with the HK EMBASSY.
    is there a chance anybody is willing to help us ?its very important for my career to get to HK and the HK embassy only accepts BANK DRAFT for the fees which is impossible from here,and the other way is someone from HK to pay on behalf of us.
    waiting for your answer
    thank you in advance.
    That dear unLuckyCat (if you do agree to this) is what the scammers rely on. Someone who sees goodness in everyone and agrees to give them their bank information.

Even if no scam here is a guy in Iran one of the places on the globe that authorities are monitoring for money movements. This guy might be as clean as they come but do you want any dealings with anyone in Iran who you do not know?

Here is an ANONYMOUS poster who could be in TST for all we know or in the scam shops of Africa or Europe and all we know is that he and his beloved need this conference for their careers. I have had a lot of career success but never at a conference. Why doesn't OP post his name, rank, serial number, name of current employer, etc? If he is from a university possibly they know how this stuff can get done rather than a site like this.

Never, ever give your banking information to a stranger. That ain't hard to grasp for all but those who get scammed.

I always wonder why these emails keep coming and coming ... who is that dumb to reply? While some US tv shows show it is doctors, lawyers and dummies who all get suckered in. In Van. the CFO of a major helicopter company (public) gave the scammers CAD$2 million and did it for his company - not personal gain.

Let me look in my email account today and see if the internet has brought me any good fortune and lots of money as long as I just send them my bank information.... Be right back.

Quite frankly if there was a thread that should get closed ever it is this type of thread just in case the naive among us send our banking information and get scammed.

I notice that my idea of contacting INVEST HK who specialize in bringing in business is ignored. They can even contact HK Immigration officials on the progress of a file.
    Last edited by Football16; 24-10-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    packy_crusher likes this.

Good for a lafff

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6