Like Tree1Likes

Entry question

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was never asked for that and my first 4 trips here I had no work visa -just came as a tourist. I think people like me (Canadians) don't much get asked for this - in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    I was never asked for that and my first 4 trips here I had no work visa -just came as a tourist. I think people like me (Canadians) don't much get asked for this - in my experience.
    I think if they look brown or like a student they would be asked. White and smart - no problem.

Okay thanks for all the help everybody... I understand now :-)

I'll just get a Kowloon -> Macau ferry ticket... That should cover me (and cost much less)... I can lose HK$160 as long as it guarantees me no troubles. I would rather that than paying an extra NZ$1,200 for nothing.

That travel agent was lazy anyway, she keeps taking sick days and holidays - I'm going to go with somebody else and start from the beginning again.

PS I understand the difference between customs and immigration... My mix-up... I think I was over-simplifying.

IF you are flying from NZ, why not just book an AirNZ flight on the internet? Easy to get a one-way.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    IF you are flying from NZ, why not just book an AirNZ flight on the internet? Easy to get a one-way.
    Maybe I will...