QMAS-20TH SELECTION EXERCISE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

QMAS-20TH SELECTION EXERCISE

Hello Guys,

I called to my immigration officer,he said my file is finalized and it will be included in this selection exercise which is going to take place in the month of December.

I am just curious to know that will I get selected as I have furnished all my details to them and he was quite satisfied.

Is anyone have experienced that when a officer finalized the file but the selection committee was not able to select.

Waiting for a positive reply

Sure, because they cannot forward your file to the selection board until it is "finalized," meaning your file has been verified to have met the minimum criteria and all required documents have been furnished.

What did you think they meant?

Do you mean the selection will be conducted in Dec or the result will be posted on line in Dec?

Selection this moth, results in Dec.

Ya, Selection might take in November and results will be declared in Dec. I just want to know what r the chances of selection if the file is finalized by the immigration officer?

I am sorry 21st Selection Exercise not 20th

Quote Originally Posted by angelnz:
    Ya, Selection might take in November and results will be declared in Dec. I just want to know what r the chances of selection if the file is finalized by the immigration officer?
    Your question is valid, but very hard to know unless we know how many applications successfully make it to the Selection exercise.

For 2010, we know there are at least 2,190 applications (highest accepted case number) and there are 161 successful applications published. Acceptance ratio is 7.35% against the total applications. Of course, there are probably more than 2,190 applications, but no way to know, and it's also possible that some more 2010 applicants will be accepted in this round.

For 2011, we know there are at least 1,700 applications already, with 54 accepted. Much lower acceptance ration 3.18%, but this is likely to change after the next selection exercise.

Again, these are all statistics in the dark, not worth reading too much into them. At this point, it's more fun to speculate on when results will be posted. My guess is the week between December 12 and December 16.

Not sure anybody knows this: when is the deadline for case files to be finalized in order to enter the pool of 21st selection aimed to happen end of Nov.? My 2nd requested supporting docs arrived at IMMD office on 2nd or 3rd of Nov. (I got the email request on 1-Nov., emailed docs back the second day or so), not sure my case file will be finalized in time for the 21st selection

Last edited by HahaLady; 07-11-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QMAS 2 GO:
    Your question is valid, but very hard to know unless we know how many applications successfully make it to the Selection exercise.

For 2010, we know there are at least 2,190 applications (highest accepted case number) and there are 161 successful applications published. Acceptance ratio is 7.35% against the total applications. Of course, there are probably more than 2,190 applications, but no way to know, and it's also possible that some more 2010 applicants will be accepted in this round.
    Bear in mind that these numbers actually includes all the dependants that any main applicant intends to bring with them. Actual result when announced in the selection exercise will only show the number of the main applicant. Dependants' application no. will not show.

Actual applicant no. is way less than 2190 applicantion and there is no way to know.
    Last edited by star-anise; 09-11-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Very good point. We should add a variable for that. But who the heck knows how many people are claiming dependents.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast