Student visa

Closed Thread

Student visa

Hi. I'm from Europe and will study in Hong Kong from September on. I got my acceptance letter very recently that's why I'm a little anxious about the visa, because I saw that it will probably take 6 weeks to get such a visa which, in my case, would be too late, because I have to come to HK in 3 weeks. My question is now if it is possible to come to Hong Kong with a tourist visa and then change it into a student visa once i'm in HK?
    thank you.

Yes, but it's not possible to start your studies until you have a student visa. Surely the admissions office of wherever you are studying can help sort all this out for you?

Hi
    Dont worry about it that happened to me. I arrived in Hk to study before my student visa arrived. (as it arrived to my home after i had already got to HK)
    I just had to come to HK as a tourist, i couldnt start my study untill i got my Student Visa. I just went to immigration and got another one (or get someone to post to you your visa). And then i had to go to china to have my visa activated.
    So get a china visa aswell or if you havent got that visa just go to Macau to activate it. Bit of an annoyance, but it was all sorted.
    (you have to go out of HK and then when you come back to HK your studnet visa will be activated)

Thank you for your answers