Like Tree8Likes

Need your advice!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need your advice!!!

I'm planning to apply for PR but I'm not working since 3 years ago.

Stayed in HK for 9 years already and I'd like to know whether Immigration will my employment status matters to them because I'm unemployed?

Will they contact my previous employer for my PR application?

Thanks

How have you stayed here? Are you on a dependent visa? If so, that's fine. If you were on a work visa which did not expire, that's also fine. If you were on a work visa which DID expire and you did not leave..... you have bigger problems than applying for PR!

I came to HK on working visa.

Now I'm on dependent visa after I stopped working 3 years ago.

So will my unemployment status matters to Immigration since I came with the work visa?

I don't know whether Immigration was informed when I resigned 3 years ago and if not, will the Immigration contact my previous company for my PR application?

Have the Immigration contacted the previous employer for PR application?

does not matter.
    If you were here legally for 7 years (it sounds like you were) then you will get PR.

dear giant likes this.

Joyce, if you want honest advice please lay your cards on the table and stop beating around the bush. Otherwise you are wasting yours and our time.

Nobody here is interested in reporting you to immigration, just give the facts and people will help you, the help might be blunt, might not be what you want to hear, but it will be honest...

WMDS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joyce1975:
    I don't know whether Immigration was informed when I resigned 3 years ago and if not, will the Immigration contact my previous company for my PR application?

Have the Immigration contacted the previous employer for PR application?
    Your previous company must have informed the immigration already about you resigning.
    If not, when you applied for your dependent's visa ( i am assuming, that was after you resigned) immigration must have asked you.
    they asked me when i applied for dependent's visa after employment visa...the company where I was working, had not informed immigration about it.

Bryant, my cards are on the table..

I'm not scared that anybody will report me to the Immigration because I did nothing illegal.

I come here just to ask for advice from people I believe knows better than me regarding dealing with the Immigration. I have no experience in that and I want to know what should I prepare for the PR that I plan to apply.

Like what I said, I came to HK on working visa 9 years ago. But now I'm on dependent as my husband is a resident.

Since I came on working visa, will my unemployed status will matter to the Immigration? If so, will they contact my previous company to confirm my resignation 3 years ago?

That's what I would like to know.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

mercury, thank you for your reply.

I did apply for the dependent visa after I resigned.

I wasn't asked regarding my employment status because my working visa was still valid at the time I applied for the dependent visa even though I wasn't employed anymore.

So I don't know whether my previous company informed the Immigration or not regarding my resignation.

Meatballs

When applying for dependent visa, your employment status does not matter.
    When applying for PR your employment status does not matter.
    I dont know if they will contact previous employers or not (they didnt for me) but would it matter?

If you were here for 7 years, legally, you will normally get your PR unless you've been very naughty.
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 22-11-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks for all your replies, appreciate it.

I'm going to prepare for the application now.
    And how about the proof that I stay in HK for this 9 years because everytime I go in and out of HKG, I only use the HK ID, not the passport so I have no stamps on my passport to proof that I entered HK.

Is there any links for the HK ID travelling activities that I can print to proof to them that I live in HK for continuesly 7 years at least?

Thank you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast