[Help] Dependend Visa Help Please...

Closed Thread

Unhappy [Help] Dependend Visa Help Please...

Dear All,

This is my very first post here after just signing up. I would like to ask you for comments regarding to the Dependent Visa application for my wife.

Background:
    Myself => 31 yrs old. Local Hong Konger (with HK PR). Currently working in Singapore since 2007.
    Wife => 28 yrs old. Origianlly from China, became Singaporean citizen 2 yrs ago. Currently working in Singapore since 2007.

- 1999-2002: We met in New Zealand, started our relationship when study high school there
    - 2002-2006: Together moved to Sydney for university (Bachelor 2002-2004 Master 2005-2006)
    - 2007-2011: Together moved to Singapore for work. My wife got Singapore Citizen in 2009 (gave up China Passport, got Singapore Passport)
    - 2011 15-July: We are married in Singapore officially
    - 2011 07-Oct: Submitted Dependend Visa Appication for my wife personally at HK immigration
    - 2012 Jan onwards: Plan to leave Singapore & move back to HK (that's why applying Dependent Visa now)

Application:
    For the application, I had submitted the following:

>>> Proof Of Relationship:
    - Marriage Certification by Singapore Authority
    - Photos of us from year 2000 (including travelling overseas, university graduation photo etc..)
    - Both our Bechelor & Master degree Graduation Certificate (we were at same Uni, same course)
    - Our apartment renting contracts in Singapore from 2007-2011 (showing both our names in contract)

>>> Proof Of Financial Status:
    - Employment letter for both myself & wife in Singapore, showing employment duration and salary
    (If convert from SGD->HKD, my salary ~HKD$30,000/month, my wife ~HKD$20,000/ month)
    - Bank statements in Singapore bank for last 6 months (~HKD$500,000+ across all 6 months)

>>> Proof Of Residential In Hong Kong:
    - Staying at my parent's additional property in HK
    - In application, I submitted:
    (1) Letter from my parents saying that they allow myself & wife to stay in this property when in HK
    (2) Property ownership documents to show that my parents officially own this property since 2009

In the application, I made a supplementary letter to clearly mention that we will leave Singapore permenantly and start our new life in HK from 2012 onwards (find new job in HK, transfer all money from Singapore to HK, etc...)

As I read in this forum, people often claim that it usually takes less than 6 weeks to get approved. As mentioned above, I had logged in the application at early Oct-2011. However, so far, when I check the application status on the website, it still shows "In Process" after 7 weeks since application...

My wife and I are getting worry about the application now. We are not sure whether it is normal to have processing delay on this kind of visa application? Or did we do anything wrong in the application? Or the information that we gave is still not enough (eventhough I think I gave every detail & proof I have)?

Or is it because that myself (being the sponsor of this dependent visa) is currently not working in HK, so that immigration may get worry if I can find a job when back to HK in 2012 to support dependent financially?? So they don't approve the visa application..?

I had called HK Immigration to ask whether they need further documentation or proof, they said they will email me back, but then there is no contact from them... (Well, I will call again next Monday...)

Hope to get you expert on the comments for my case above please... Can my wife get the visa? How long does it usually take to get approve, since my case seems little different from usual case (sponsor not working in HK currently)..?

Worrying~~ :-(

Thank you very much!!!

Last edited by cx100silver; 25-11-2011 at 10:55 AM.

you'll be fine. hk immigration are busy preparing for FDH's application for permanent residency.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    you'll be fine. hk immigration are busy preparing for FDH's application for permanent residency.
    I thought they stopped processing Foreign Domestic Helper cases (even they take the application)? So that Immigration visa dept has more free time..?