Quality Migration Scheme - Moving To Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Quality Migration Scheme - Moving To Hong Kong

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. To start off, I'm an EU citizen, who has been working for a Hong Kong company already for the past 2 years.(from outside Hong Kong)

Me and my wife would like to move to Hong Kong, however my employer does not want to sponsor us for a work permit/visa. Additionaly I don't hold a bachelor degree, but my wife does. My level of education can be considered bachelor though (+10 years experience). The income level is high, compareable to what an expat would make.

Is there a chance of filing for the Quality Migration Scheme and getting a visa/work permit to move to Hong Kong this way? Considering I already have a full time position before moving to Hong Kong, would this make it a stronger case?

Is there anyone who has tried something similar as this before?

Thanks kindly for your help.

Basically you need to meet the points threshold using the test here: The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

If your wife gets a higher points score then she could apply instead, and you would get a Dependant Visa.

I do seem to pass the minimum passing mark of 80.(I get a score of 80 without the points for the bachelor degree or it's equivalent)

Is it not so that you need the Bachelor degree as a prerequisite?

From The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

Basic educational qualification

The applicant must have a good education background, normally a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution. In special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may be considered.
    How many points does your wife score?

Why won't your company sponsor your work visa?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    90, that is with bachelor degree. She's a Chinese National.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Why won't your company sponsor your work visa?
    For them there's no need for me to move to Hong Kong.