Washing Machines - Are they all same sizes?

Washing Machines - Are they all same sizes?

Need some enlightenment.

I have shipped over our washing machine & dryer from Malaysia to HK. Just wonder if for instance a 5kg front load machine the same size to all similar washing machines?
    Given space is a challenge in HK apartments, just wonder if it makes sense to even have it in our apartment or just take whatever that's been already provided by the landlord in HK.

Would depend on the brand etc.. but generally they should be pretty much the same size -- give or take a few inches.

Measurement can be different. Best to ask your landlord for space measurement before you ship.

Thanks!

There are 2 or 3 standard sizes. Most washing machines have the same height, but width and especially depth varies.

Washing Machine - leaking - HELP!!

Hi All , so sorry for using this thread, I'm not so sure how it works BUT I have an urgent question!!

So sorry for emailing you all, during working hours.. I have a quick, but urgent question...

I very stupidly agreed to buy the old washing machine from my landlord when I moved in..and now it's leaking..(quite badly..and soon I'll have a private lake in my kitchen)..
    PLEASE, does anyone know:

1) Someone who can fix a Hitachi washing machine (I thought Jap products were supposed to be reliable!!)
    2) Or... someone I can pay who can take it away (and send it to Mars...) or...
    3) Where I can buy a new washing machine apart from Wing On (should be called 'Rip-Off On'...can't believe people here will pay HK$5000 - 6000 for a washing machine - it's not made from gold!!)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

We lived in a place with Hitachi air cons and always found the Hitachi Service Centre to be reasonably priced (for cleaning/reapir) and efficient. Or are you looking for a bloke with a spanner?