Faking the identity and got Permanent ID card as well

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by msmelbourne:
    "Sleepers" in Hongkong? Would be interesting to see if he wants to migrate to Australia or any other western country, or am I painting the devil on the wall?
    Oh dear. Ruling by fear really works with you doesn't it? I am, quite frankly, amazed that you'll come to Hong Kong at all given the threat from bird flu and that it's only a few years since we finally managed to clear the streets of all the bodies from SARS.

I personally don’t think it’s your business; we have all done said things that we probably shouldn’t have done and wouldn’t appreciate someone trying to get us into trouble for it.
    Unless this person is committing crimes or hurting people I think you should forget about it and get on with your own life. It will naturally catch up with him if he gets into trouble and the authorities will be able to deal with it if he is living a law abiding life with his wife what’s the real harm after all you don't know the reasons for what he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty:
    I personally don’t think it’s your business; we have all done said things that we probably shouldn’t have done and wouldn’t appreciate someone trying to get us into trouble for it.
    Unless this person is committing crimes or hurting people I think you should forget about it and get on with your own life. It will naturally catch up with him if he gets into trouble and the authorities will be able to deal with it if he is living a law abiding life with his wife what’s the real harm after all you don't know the reasons for what he's done.
    Well actually they are committing a crime by lying to immigration and to knowingly protect them is also a crime. However, I generally agree with you.

Hullexille

Yes of course that's the case but as I said I’m sure we all have stretched the truth in certain circumstances to get what we wanted so who are we to judge others. We have no idea how desperate this guy may of been to take such a risk and it's not like he's murdering people or anything he's lied so he can start a new life in a new country.

Hullexille

Yes of course that's the case but as I said I’m sure we all have stretched the truth in certain circumstances to get what we wanted so who are we to judge others. We have no idea how desperate this guy may of been to take such a risk and it's not like he's murdering people or anything he's lied so he can start a new life in a new country.
    Sorry, how do you know why he lied? Perhaps there is a warrant for his arrest for murder in Pakistan and thats the whole reason he got the name change and jumped country. Of course I don't know or really care what this guys story is, but you can't say he is not murdering people if you don't know.

i blame it on the empire

HK chigger
    For someone who doesn't care you climbed up on that high horse pretty quickly.

I think if there had been a a spate of murders in HK i'd of heard about it so i think i was fairly safe in assuming the guy isn't murdering people.

However, regardless of that i think my meaning was very clear, to most at least and unless we have always lived a whiter than white life we have no right to judge others.

we have always lived a whiter than white life we have no right to judge others.
    Awww, now why'd you have to go and bring race into it. Only Ole Whitey gets to judge people now, huh?

Seriously though, nobody can tell you what to do. We don't know the situation OR the person, so none of us here are qualified to tell you what to do.

...although if he's rich...would be a nice blackmail op. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Krad:

...although if he's rich...would be a nice blackmail op. :P
    Do we all get a share?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    ...there is no way for him to get Right of Abode without 7 years continuous residence....
    There is. If his spouse, for example, had just received her permanent residence (because she just reached that 7 year requirement), and he was her "dependant," then his visa follows hers and he will get a permanent residency and ID card even at just 1 year of residence.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast