Like Tree33Likes

Getting a nominal HK job for long-term visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Getting a nominal HK job for long-term visa

Hi everyone,

Don't know what to begin with. I'm now living in Shenzhen for 3 years, and the whole visa thing with China is very easy. There is a 1 year multiple entry "business" visa for conducting "business research", and noone asks you any questions as long as you behave well and don't overstay. But I'm really enjoying Hong Kong very much, and really want to relocate for living here.

In China and some other countries like Singapore this is a quite widespread practice to get a nominal employment. This is when I pay some company to hire me as, say, software developer, do all the necessary papers, and just leave me alone.

So maybe someone knows if this is possible, or share some contacts I could inquire on this matter. Back in Mainland nominal work visa is about us$ 2000, and I would be more than happy to pay us$ 3000+ to the HK company which can offer me a visa.

Let me clarify, I've done some research and, well, QMEA is impossible for me as I've left my university a bit early, CIES is of course would'nt work as I don't have any millions of dollars to spare. I've got a new company in HK, but we've just started doing business, and my educational background is poor thanks to the university, so I'm not eligible for self-employment visa. All my money I earn unofficially.

Sorry if I offended someone's feelings by asking about illegal stuff. I know this is technically possible, and maybe you'll help me understand why it's so widespread in China, and so impossible in HK.

Thanks.

HK being less corrupt than China and you won't find many people willing to risk a prison sentence for a few thousand dollars.

You could either get a good education and experience and apply the same manner as everyone else, or, become a foreign domestic helper...

Satay Sue and JaredHK like this.

Talk to a guy on here by the name of bryant.english. He runs a tutoring center and sounds dodgy enough to go for something like this. Im sure he would be happy to pocket an extra US$3000.

BE, Im joking. But on 2nd thoughts could be a good little side earner for you

bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    HK being less corrupt than China and you won't find many people willing to risk a prison sentence for a few thousand dollars.
    I wonder how they verify the status of employment. Someone will come to "my" office, not find me there, and take my boss to prison?.. I'll be in the country and can come and sit at the desk for a few days if there is an inspection. Everyone knows it there is one coming. I don't understand how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    You could either get a good education and experience and apply the same manner as everyone else, or, become a foreign domestic helper...
    I have 10 yrs experience as the Senior developer, Team leader and Project Manager for the leading companies in the ecommerce industry. I'm 27. However, the nature of education and work in my home country (Russia) is that education is a complete waste of time, and is useless for any other purpose except adding some extra points at some immigration test.

And alas, last 4 years I'm living abroad, no official contract, so no documentary proof.

I wouldn't start such topic if I had a legal way to live in HK.

Soory I'm confused. You are on a multientry visa in China and you paid 2000 dollar for it!

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Soory I'm confused. You are on a multientry visa in China and you paid 2000 dollar for it!
    No, I'm on multi-entry 1yr visa and I paid 300 usd for it. I'm saying the official working visa/permit with all the associated paperwork is about 2000 usd now.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Talk to a guy on here by the name of bryant.english. He runs a tutoring center and sounds dodgy enough to go for something like this. Im sure he would be happy to pocket an extra US$3000.

BE, Im joking. But on 2nd thoughts could be a good little side earner for you
    Sounds like a quick way to lose the farm to me...

BTW I wonder what visa are all the "copy watches" and "handbags" sellers are on. I'm sure they didn't come on CIES or QMEA.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast