Japanese Citizen applying for Work Visa in HK

Closed Thread

Japanese Citizen applying for Work Visa in HK

Hello everyone, I have a friend that is applying for a working visa in Hong Kong. My friend is a Japanese citizen and can speak fluent Japanese, English and basic Chinese. She has an undergraduate degree in English at a University in Japan. She is currently in her late 20s. Now, an accounting firm in HK wants to hire her as an accounting staff/ translator. She has around 2 years experience in a large bank in Japan and also a year experience as a secretary in a large company in Japan. She also has around 1 year experience working in an e-commerce company in US. I would like to ask , the HK immigration mentions that they require proof of relevant working experience for the application of the visa. Specifically, what kind of document would satisfy this request? For example, a letter from the company ? Also what kind of information should be in the letter? Also, she wants to know for her case, what are the chances of her being able to get the visa from the immigration ?
    Last , is there any other information that she should be aware of?

Thank you all very much for the help.

Last edited by rogerauy; 03-02-2012 at 05:59 PM.

She needs to get letters from the companies detailing her length of service and position. As long as her visa is sponsored and she will earn higher than 20k, the chances of getting a work visa are considerbly high. But those letters as above are inportant.