Like Tree38Likes

Another variation of the girlfriend question

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MCDC:
    I know you said she is Filipino but is she a US citizen?
    If she were a US Citizen she'd be in the US with her family, not still trying to get them out of The Philippines by marrying a foreigner!

OP, do not marry her for the sole reason that you want to be together. The Philippines is less than 2 hours away from HK so it is easy for either of you to visit the other. So, I suggest that you maximize the 14-day visits and later apply for 3-month visas when 14 days seem insufficient. Remember to apply for the longer visa while she is in the Philippines and be ready to show proof that it will be temporary and for good reason. Good luck.

On a side note, the Philippines has tens of millions of educated and decent people. I don't want to start an argument with PDLM but I sure am offended with his statements. Oh well.

- From a lady from the Philippines, now based in HK who is NOT a helper (not that there's anything wrong with it) and NOT a whore. And definitely NOT after a G8 passport.

Surprise, surprise PDLM :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peachylin:
    - From a lady from the Philippines, now based in HK who is NOT a helper (not that there's anything wrong with it) and NOT a whore. And definitely NOT after a G8 passport.

Surprise, surprise PDLM :-)
    But you are a gambler according to your previous posts - that's what destroyed my marriage in the end and cost me so much.

Original Post Deleted

you cheeky chappy
    Last edited by araucaria; 11-02-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Er, thanks. It isn't me that has the gambling problem.

3-month visits?

Quote Originally Posted by peachylin:
    OP, do not marry her for the sole reason that you want to be together. The Philippines is less than 2 hours away from HK so it is easy for either of you to visit the other. So, I suggest that you maximize the 14-day visits and later apply for 3-month visas when 14 days seem insufficient. Remember to apply for the longer visa while she is in the Philippines and be ready to show proof that it will be temporary and for good reason. Good luck.
    Thank you.

But I have to ask: what is this 3-month visa you mentioned?

I asked a friend here whose GF is from the Philippines and he said my only 3 options were 14-day visits for her, hire her as a DH, or marry her.

My gal wants me to send a letter of recommendation for her as she's been here a few times in the last 3 years and is afraid she won't get in.

(A few being 4, I think.)

Frankly, I don't want to marry anyone. I really don't.

Chances are, things will fall apart between us after we spend time together but maybe not.

Those things being said, I do love her and I do feel something for her that I've never felt before and I want to make an effort at making this work.

Quote Originally Posted by kenixfan:
    Those things being said, I do love her and I do feel something for her that I've never felt before and I want to make an effort at making this work.
    Was she your "first"?

No PDLM, I am not a gambler though interested in playing poker. Haha.

To my mind, those who get rotten eggs are either looking for rotten eggs or are rotten eggs themselves.

Haha, I don't have gambling problems and never had. PDLM has read my posts on my and my husband's interest in poker and mahjong during our free time, which doesn't equate to gambling problems :-)

[QUOTE=kenixfan;1877050]Thank you.

But I have to ask: what is this 3-month visa you mentioned?

It is a regular visitor visa which I have gotten for my mom a couple of times in the past. You may try to get this for your gf once you have established yourself here.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast