Like Tree4Likes

Need help with getting my partner to HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

She's young enough to look at the Working Holiday Scheme. Under that she could come here for 12 months, work for 3 months at one employer (she has to rotate, no single employer for more than 3 months), and look for something more permanent while she is here. She will be regarded as "on holiday" so must have a return ticket, sufficient medical insurance and sufficient funds (min of $20,000, you can support her for the rest if necessary).

are japanese included in that scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by tc20:
    Looks like it'll be tough. Thanks for the info carang!

If anyone has more information/pointers, please do share
    My office is in the same building as ANA office, and they have tons of Japanese working in there. I think you should get her to try all the Japanese firms here, plenty of japanese banks and funds here. They have more reasons to hire Japanese here. Then again, its not like there's a lack of Japanese speaking locals here.
    Football16 likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    are japanese included in that scheme?
    Yes, annual quota for Japan is 250. Started last year, I believe.

Also Korea. The southern one. Quote is 200.

thanks for the info. i didn't know they were included.

My wife is Japanese. It was easy for her to get a spouse visa here but work is still difficult to find. The best way is to go directly to Japanese companies. Jobs DB.com has the same old jobs that nobody wants. If she has a 4 year degree that would be helpful, although I work with corporate lawyers, bankers and company officers everyday and have to say many have been educated at top Universities but lack any common sense. You say "we're not married yet". Sounds like you are planning on marrying her, so why not do it earlier than planned to make it easier for the both of you.