Return Home Permit success rate for those born overseas

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If an AO ID holder is a chinese citizen, he/she is eligible for SAR passport and HRP. It is nothing special.

Immi told me they don't care about what documents other countries issue, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    it would be interesting to an ROA AO*** holder obtain a HK passport and eventually (回鄉證) home return pass without renouncing their foriegn passport, yes, i heard that some one last year sucessfully did this after living here in HK for 7 years, it would be great to see if anyone else has sucessfully done the same.

I know one fact even if you are declined a hk sar passport, you will be refunded, whether you get declined by cts ( i have personally experience they being rip off merchants for visas and gives dodgy advice) and they take your money is another issue
    I believe you refer to persons who have obtained ROA on the basis of being a Chinese national. It is my understanding there are many people who hold a foreign nationality and Chinese nationality. They did not have to renounce their foreign nationality as China did not recognize it in the first place.
    The same with the parent generation. E.g. parents were BNOs , children can still apply for ROA as Chinese Nationals as China never recognized their British Nationality.
    Unless I am completely mistaken.