Like Tree1Likes

Filipina to visit HK for 14 days?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

OP fly to the PI and bring her back with you on the same flight, you wont have any problems getting through, if she is alone then they try to block them if they dont have evidence of why she is going somewhere as protection of human trafficking supposedly.

hullexile likes this.

I laughed when the Philippine Supreme Court ruled that the previous President could not be prevented from leaving the country despite facing charges because the Phils constitution protects the rights of its citizens to leave the country. Seems the constitution does not apply to all.

The advice to go and get her is the best, take a short break while you are at it.

Thanks for the advice wtbhotia and hullexile. Unfortunately, I don't want to go and get her. I suspect I already have too many PI visa stamps in my book (perhaps 8). I would have brought her when I left but we were not together but have since re-united via text messages, etc.

Don't think you can ever have too many PI visa stamps, I must have hundreds. Moving must be the same because she goes there every week more or less for work. Could work in your favour if you claim you have been out to see her many times!

Quote Originally Posted by br111an:
    Loading up her bank account didn't help at all.
    The affidavit of support is not even mentioned on the Philippine government's "immigration" website.

Still it is very real. As I can see in my phone a message that says that at this very moment it's not only her but some other people are being rejected at NAIA Airport very disappointed.

Officials don't say anything when you point out that the website doesn't even list this as a requirement.
    I would have brought her when I left but we were not together but have since re-united via text messages, etc.

Do you have the slightest hint that you may be getting scammed here?

Stoob, I eventually found what appears to be the explanation on their government's website. It's called "secondary inspection" which came out as a memorandum in Jan. 2012 and they haven't gotten around to making it more prominent.

how old is she? is she employed?? actually you wont need it if the filipina can prove to the immigration department that she can support herself here in hong kong. employment status is one of the best bullets.

money talks in the philippine airport....

Yes she will get the 14 days stamped at the HK airport but the trouble is that the Philippines will sometimes not allow individuals to leave the Philippines without the affidavit of support. She has already wasted her plane ticket because of this. Loading up her bank account didn't help at all.
    Under normal circumstances, they do allow citizens to leave, unless he/she is in the Immigration watchlist.
    Try to bring in a lawyer next time. Yes, it sounds absurd, but it's a good way of showing the Immigation gits that she is well aware of her right to travel. It wouldn't cost much either.