Dependent visa application advice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you wife gets her visa and ID card she will not be turned away by the public hospital system as she will be a HK resident and will be charged as such. Private system is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisl75:
    She will be a housewife as she is pregnant, is it worth mentioning that? Could it help or make things worse?
    It will definitely not make things worse since the Immigration is only worried about Mainland Chinese pregnant women - because unlike your child, their babies will become Hong Kong permanent residents immediately after birth. That's why they come here.

Having a child for you is a serious proof of relationship so be sure to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang Huike:
    It will definitely not make things worse since the Immigration is only worried about Mainland Chinese pregnant women - because unlike your child, their babies will become Hong Kong permanent residents immediately after birth. That's why they come here.
    I am wandering slightly off topic with this. But I don't think you got this right. Last time I checked the governments official policy (see the CE's public address) was to increase our population by the means of letting mainlanders in and let them give birth in HK.

The immigration department does NOT have a problem with maindlanders giving birth in HK. All they do is to check if they have an appointment at a hospital so that they don't clutter up the public hospital system showing up unannounced. And of course they have to pay the hefty mainlander fee when booking an appointment.

The ones that have a problem with mainlanders giving birth in HK are local mothers and parts of the hospital system, because they say public hospitals are already at full capacity. And the hospital authority in turn has to deal with this problem.

But in general, mainland mothers are welcome (by the government) to give birth in HK. As long as they pay for it and book appointments. A new quota system was introduced recently, to avoid overbooking and calm the locals.
    Last edited by 100LL; 03-03-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks again for all advice.