Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Trebor
  • 1 Post By packy_crusher

HELP!! REJECTED Working Visa

Closed Thread

HELP!! REJECTED Working Visa

Hi all,

Having waited for a month for my WORKING visa, I finally got a reply from the immigration department ... However, it got rejected ... saying that I do not meet the requirements... such as that I do not pose the special skills which are not readily available in HK etc etc

Please can anyone help, I got told that if my employer was willing to offer me a training contract is that true that I can re-apply for a Training visa instead. I had done an internship before in wanchai at the end of last year, and was granted a training visa.

Can anyone help me whether, I can do this again, for my current role, as a junior accountant. Im only hoping to stay in Hk for a year just to gain more practical experiences.

Thanks

What special skills are you claiming to bring to HK which wouldn't be possessed by a local 'junior accountant'?

I have Passed all my ACCA exams, I just need to gain the practical experiences needed, to become a chartered. Therefore, my employer and I believed that we should have applied for the training visa instead of the working visa... is this right?? But can I re-apply after the working visa got declined ?

Maybe the quota for mainlanders in that are was already filled for the year.

loun80 likes this.

To solve this. Ask ur company to state you r transfer from china to hk. Save the trouble for all problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LingLing_733:
    To solve this. Ask ur company to state you r transfer from china to hk. Save the trouble for all problems.
    Im not from China. Im from the UK looking for a job in HK with no ID card. But once I found a job my visa got rejected.

Im sure there are plenty of entry level ACCA qualified locals over here, why should you take a job ahead of them?

This is what you need to convince immigration.