Like Tree8Likes

HKSAR passport for baby born in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

thanks - does that mean he wouldn't need a dependent visa?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    thanks - does that mean he wouldn't need a dependent visa?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    If your baby is born before you get PR he will need a Dependant Visa until you get your PR. When that is granted then he will automatically get it too.

(I'm assuming here that your spouse doesn't already have PR.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    This is complete rubbish in general. Being born in Hong Kong does not, in itself, give the child any right to a HKID or passport.
    I was born in HK.,
    After 25 years I came to HK with only my birth certificate I got my HKID and passport...
    Thinks what you think, Gruntfuttock.!

time for popcorn breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by krataimogui:
    I was born in HK.,
    After 25 years I came to HK with only my birth certificate I got my HKID and passport...
    I think you missed the bus

I was born in HK.,
    Th
    inks what you think, Gruntfuttock.!
    Some more details please... Are you of Chinese descent?

I was born in HK.,
    Why does my uncle who was born in Hong Kong and lived there until he was an adult have RTL then? He applied through his birth certificate only .... (And the fact that you -cannot- ever have RTL as person with Chinese nationality by birth in HK.) My family and myself were BDTC (HONG KONG) until 1997. After that even the family members that were born and grew up there were eventually downgraded to simple resident status through absence after 1997, which was a downgrade of P.R., which was a downgrade from being a citizen.

If you're not Chinese your kids wont get diddly squat in terms of Chinese Citizenship unless you're stateless or something... and I am not even sure if that still applies or if it was just to people who were stateless due to the hand over.
    Last edited by HKHK154; 07-04-2013 at 07:50 AM.

My coworker is from China and has been working in HK with a work visa for almost 7 years. He seriously considers to be a PR. However, his wife from mainland living here with a dependent visa, needs about two more years to meet the 7th year. In his case, is it better to apply to be a PR together with his wife? Otherwise, his wife needs to get a one-way visa to live in HK legally, correct? And their daughter will get PR when her father becomes a PR until 21, but can she apply to be a PR by herself before 21? Thanks!

Yes, correct - this is the one situation where delaying an application for PR makes sense.

I assume the daughter can apply for PR in her own right before age 21, but I'm not 100% sure.

mingming likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5