Civil marriage registration in HK with my Indonesia girlfriend

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Civil marriage registration in HK with my Indonesia girlfriend

I'm HK PR and going to do the civil marriage registration in HK with my Indonesia girlfriend. I arranged her to come HK few days before the date of the civil registration, so if immigration officer in airport asked her the reason visiting HK, should she say getting married in HK and show officer the proof (e.g. the soft-copy of online booking via HK Government website)?

if she did that I assume it would bring up alarm bells, how can a girl be traveling to another location to get married without the boyfriend accompanying, arranged marriage??? marriage of convenience???
    you need to think about this, Indonesians / Filipinos are looked down upon by the Immigration scum.

She will unfortunately be asked lots of question, show proof she has money to spend etc etc so It's best if you accompany her on the trip to HK.

It would be best to apply for a visa before her arrival, and provide proof of the marriage registration during this process.

Indonesian citizen should be able to enter HK visa free for 30 days. Would they ask any question(s) at the Immigration counter?

Visa requirements for Indonesian citizens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Should be fine if you say your are entering as a visitor. Is she staying for good after entering (Assuming she is not holding a return ticket)?

Thanks for the replies everyone. So, is it better I made booking for date of civil registration after she come to HK? So she can enter HK as a tourist because I'm afraid if I made the booking then immigration will have a record and causing some trouble when she pass through immigration at the airport.

Hi wtbhotia. Yes, if possible, I will indeed accompany her.

Hi Star-anise. I planned to get her a return ticket, because I think the process of dependent visa may take times, so may be she need go back to Indonesia to wait for the visa. I heard that immigration will give applicant Extended Visa, but maximum only 2 months even the visa application still under process, is it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by hardeeshar:
    Hi Star-anise. I planned to get her a return ticket, because I think the process of dependent visa may take times, so may be she need go back to Indonesia to wait for the visa. I heard that immigration will give applicant Extended Visa, but maximum only 2 months even the visa application still under process, is it correct?
    Dependent visa should take about 1 month to process if all documents are in order and submitted correctly.

Just hope there isn't a long queue after she arrived or if you guys are looking for auspicious day in Chinese calendar the days may have already been booked out?

Our case for a dependent visa took more than 2.5 months after marriage after all of our proper paperwork was submitted.... Every case is different but plan as a worst case scenario.

Also, of she is entering on a tourist visa, she MUST have a return ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:
    Our case for a dependent visa took more than 2.5 months after marriage after all of our proper paperwork was submitted.... Every case is different but plan as a worst case scenario.

Also, of she is entering on a tourist visa, she MUST have a return ticket.
    Thanks. So, in your case, do you wife need leave HK during the dependent visa process or they gave your wife extension visa until she got the dependent visa?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast