Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MCDC

reapply time period

Closed Thread

Unhappy reapply time period

My Hong Kong working visa was recently denied, is there a certain time period I have to wait to reapply (if I was hired by another company willing to support my work visa) or can the next company that hires me apply for my working visa immediately?

-Worried

You should be worried because you are about to be send back to reality...that is real China. If you don't supply more details, nobody is going to have any advice for you. Details please......

Typically the reason for denial is not the company but YOU - you don't have skills that could not be done by a local. So you'll only get one for a completely different job using different skills - if you have them. If you don't, it won't help.
    Agree with packy, details would help with a better answer.

packy & moving:

I have US citizenship and came to HK looking for work. A company has hired me and is currently processing my working visa; they received a letter of denial for my working visa. The company is now currently appealing the denial letter. Question: if my working visa is denied (hiring company) and (if) I get hired by another company with different skills that qualify for a different position, is there a waiting period for my recent denied visa to reapply for a working visa again?

No waiting time but as Packy and Moving said, there's a reason you were denied the first time. Immigration does not seem to think the skills you possess cannot be found locally.

Football16 likes this.

for the rejection, what was the job/role?
    if reapplying, what would the job/role be?
    without these answers, I am not sure any real advice can be given.

My Working visa got rejected too ;(

hey my working visa got rejected too the other day!! saying that I did not have certain skills, which bascially saying why would they want to give me a visa while other locals an easily fill the role.

So I am now tring to look for some kind of training roles instead for accounting- training visa !!... as a working visa will be hard for me to get

shenwen:

the position is a buyer position; requiring native English skills
    if I were to reapply; I was considering English tutor also requiring native English skills

pocket:

did the company you were hired with submit visa application for you?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkang:
    shenwen:

the position is a buyer position; requiring native English skills
    if I were to reapply; I was considering English tutor also requiring native English skills

pocket:

did the company you were hired with submit visa application for you?
    yes they submitted the applciation for me , wat bout yours?? and how long did u wait before u heard back from them that u got rejected, mines took 3 long weeks

Quote Originally Posted by pocketofdreamz:
    yes they submitted the applciation for me , wat bout yours?? and how long did u wait before u heard back from them that u got rejected, mines took 3 long weeks
    My application too took about 3 weeks until I heard from them!