6 month stay in HK

6 month stay in HK

Hello guys,
    My boyfriend is in HK at the moment, he has accommodation all set up with work, I will be joining him next month for 6 months. Would there by any problems as my return ticket will be 6 months later, I am a British Citizen, and am aware i can enter the country for up to 180 days. Upon arriving in HK, do you think there will be any questions, or proof needed on how i am going to support myself out there?

On first entry, probably no questions. However, if you leave Hong Kong and return - doing short trips such as to Macau or another Asian country - then immigration in Hong Kong may start asking you questions about are you working or residing in Hong Kong.

Highly unlikely to have any questions on first entry.

......or on any re-entries during the period of the first visa I would have thought. It's only when you start re-entering in order to get subsequent visas that questions might start to be asked.

But when OP leaves on the first "Visa free period", that will be cancelled and when they re-enter they will get a new chop with a new "Visa free period".

Thanks guys, made things alot clearer. :-)

Just dont leave on the last day and return to HK within a few hours, best if you go for a few days to another country and you will be fine as your passport wont be looked down upon, not like some Asian countries.