Training Visa question....when do I have to leave?

Training Visa question....when do I have to leave?

Hey! I'm interning right now and I've just been granted an extension on my training visa for another 3 months. It now expires on the 14th of January. The sticker in my passport says "EMPLOYMENT- permission to remain extended unti 14-01-05".

My question is: If I have a flight back on the 17th of January do I have to leave Hong Kong and go to Macau and come back in on a tourist visa even if I'm leaving just 3 days after my training visa expires? That seems like a pain in the ass to me, as I'll be working up to the 14th.

My other question is: If I need to leave the country before the 14th of January to come back in on a "tourist visa" to be "legit or legal" when I leave to go back to the states would going to Malaysia for holiday over Christmas make me legit to stay past the expire date of my training visa.
    The Human Resources people at work seem to think that going on holiday in Decemeber won't change my status I'll still be returning on a training visa NOT a tourist visa, and therefore will have to go to Macau a few days prior to the 14. I'm not sure if they don't understand how stupid that seems to me because of a language barrier or that is true and just the "red tape" B.S. of immigration.

HELP- no seems to have answers to my questions and I don't want to do the wrong thing and Have immigration at the airport in Hong Kong tell me I screwed up and can't come back!
    thanks much!!!!

You can go to immigration and fill up an extension form.

By the way, this process is far easier and simpler than US procedures. Seriously, get off the "red tape" & "pain in the ass" high horse.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/id91.htm

I've already applied for an extension...that's the one that came through that allows me to stay for an additional 3 months until January 14. I still haven't gotten any closer to the answers I need, but thanks so much for your help!!

Emigra

hello

If you over stay your training visa when you are in Hong Kong you will have to then go to the immigration department in Hong Kong and get permission to leave and explain to them why did you overstay your visa date.

You may then recieve a permanent record on your file and could cause difficulty in the future if you return to Hong Kong. I would not advise anyone to do this.

For the training visa, you may leave and then return to Hong Kong for example a holiday and then return on the same visa if the visa has not already expired.

1). Usually language is not the problem at HK Immg chekpoints. All officers speak and understand English.
    2). As Emigra said Training visa is not void untill end date, so no worries..
    3). If you don wanna go Macau, go directly to Immg Dept and show your confirm booking and they will give you 3 day or 14 day or whatever days tourist visa.

Aiya .. you don't have to leave Hong Kong to get an extension of stay.

As Nivant suggests, fill up the extension form and go to immigration a month or so before your visa expires and they will extend your permission to stay. This extension has NOTHING to do with the extension of your training visa.