HK Permanent ID Card

  1. #1

    HK Permanent ID Card

    Hi, my parents, who are holding their HK ID cards that were issued 20-30 years ago, would like to get their old cards replaced with the new ID's when they go back to HK this winter. They still have their CI's as proof of continual residency for over 7 years (hence qualified to get their new permanent ID cards). I have heard that they might need to fill out ROP 145 along with ROP 1. To be honest, I am not sure what they need to fill out.

    As for myself, I was born in the States and I would like to know if I can get my HK permanent ID card under the derivation of my parents' permanent resident status. What do I need to do?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

  2. #2


    Were was the status of the your parents when you were born? Were they just Hong Kong citizens or did they have both US passports?

  3. #3

    They were US permanent resident (Green Card), not US citizens yet.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The Netherlands/Hong Kong/Shenzhen

    my father was in the same situation last year. old CI (expired) and old identity card. he managed to get a new HKSAR pasport and a PIC issued overseas from the immd. they will indeed need proof of 7 years residence and you current residency documents.

    there is a site with information.
    Application for Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport (Overseas) (For Persons 16 Years of Age or Over )

    you will also be able to apply for a new (permanent) identity card at the same time. more information form this site:

    just request the forms for a passport application and a overseas PIC application and fill and deliver them to a chinese embassy. but you will have to pay a fee for the HKSAR passport in HKD.

    and for you.
    you should be able to apply for something (ROA or RTL) whilst you are in Hong Kong. and the form should be form ROP145 if i'm right. you wil need your parents documents and other proofs. forms can be aquired through post. ( citizen - immigration information lookup) is a very useful site for that.

    Last edited by Pirveebilbao; 17-03-2005 at 01:12 AM.